Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great News ! Just picked up this 10mm shooter . It has ULTRA TEN COLT AUTO on one side and Colt government model 10mm/SEMI-AuTO on the other . It has been shot but it is excellent shape . It seams to have some upgrades ie group gripper,stag grips, and full lengh guide rod. Does any one know how this was shipped from the Factory? I would like to put it back to original. also what would it take to shoot .40 S&W in this ? THANKS!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
All you need is a "drop in" 40S&W barrel, mag, and perhaps a lighter recoil spring. I have a Colt Elite 10/40 that came from Colt with both barrels and mags. It was one of the uncataloged limited editions that was assembled by the Custom Shop. A Colt barrel might be tough to find but there are several aftermarket barrels available.

·
Registered
931 Posts
That is a custom shop piece, in a run of 500, I seem to recall. The items you mentioned already, plus the grip screws are not original, so it would be easy to return it that way. The black rubber Delta grips with medallions would be original. Very nice find!! One went on GunBroker last year for 1475. congrats!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for the info.10mm ammo is sure hard to find locally. Guess I will have to call Midway tomorrow.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Georgia Arms makes good plinking 10mm rounds that are reasonably priced. Double Tap seems to be the go to place for SD rounds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
what the difference between that gun and a delta elite?man those grips are to die for.i want a pair for my colt cowboy and SS vaquero.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nothing except for asthetic changes/Gold Cup frame. Grips are beautiful, aftermarket ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts