Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble finding parts for my Colt Umarex 1911. Bought this for a song from a friend and love it....much like my Defender I cannot get it to jam. With std velocity PMC ammo I did have 2 failures to eject, otherwise runs on any ammo and is a hoot to shoot. My friend is a Colt, shall we say...hater. Well.....maybe too strong a word. Maybe. (Other than that he is a great guy). Anyway he tried slicking the thing up with lots of aftermarket parts (sear, trigger, hammer, springs, etc.) then complained of it not working. I got the gun and original factory parts for it. Put the factory parts back in and as stated the thing works great. Only thing is he modified the grip safety to clear the aftermarket hammer he installed. Now that the original hammer is back on I want to replace the modified grip safety with a factory original but am having no luck finding any parts. The Umarex website lists only airguns and not this 22. Anybody know of a site where I can find parts? I think a regular 1911 grip safety may work but i want what it came with, a zamak (or whatever the alloy is) grip safety designed for it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Isn't Umarex the importer of the Colt/Walther .22 cal 1911s? I called Walther directly to get a second magazine. Maybe they would have the grip safety.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts