Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All...I recently took home a nickel Colt Viper. I has no box, etc...just the revolver. I did some careful examination and lots of research before I put it on layaway a few months ago and am aware of the fakes made from leftover barrels. The serial number puts in right in the 1977 production. The nickel has some wear and a few tiny chips at the muzzle but the revolver is otherwise in excellent condition. It appears to have been fired very little and its mechanically perfect. The finish appears to be correct for OEM Colt and there is no hint of the barrel and frame not being original. It has the correct type OEM stocks that are propper for a 1977 Viper...So, the question is that if I wished to sell/trade it, is a factory letter essential? These are fairly rare "snake guns" but it is not NIB and has some minor wear, I wouldn't expect a crazy value for it but more than an ordinary used Colt DS/Cobra/Agent. I got it mainly for sale/trade since its not a model that I have much interest in for my use although I don't exactly hate it either. It IS a nice COLT after all!...What say you?

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Would love to see a photo or two. To your question, no, it is not essential to have it lettered if you wish to sell it. However, if you did get one it makes it a more palatable gun to sell if everything matches what it should. :cool:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
In my opinion, a lettter would add more value than it would actually cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts