Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Viper: What does the original 1977 gun box look like(Pic\'s?)?

Colt Viper:

What does the correct original Colt gun box look like, for this 1977 vintage Viper(Since this revolver was only made in 1977!)?

Does it just have the brown Colt slip cover over a foam insert box, without any flaps on each end? Or, Is it in a brown Colt outer box(With end flaps)and with a foam insert box? Was the correct box, "Unmarked" without any Viper description-or, was it labeled with the Viper information? Anybody got some pictures to show me? I'd sure appreciate this!

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 10-22-2004).]

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: Colt Viper: What does the original 1977 gun box look like(Pic\'s?)?

Colt38, see the post by Jeff (GUNKWAZY) titled "Question RE: Diamondback box."

The description I gave him of the box is the same for the Viper. However most that I have seen have come in the smaller of the two I listed. The (smaller) 10 1/2" X 6 1/2" X 2 3/4" box was pretty much a generic box where the styrofoam could fit an auto or a revolver.

To see an example of the smaller box: http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=6170834

Each side had 2 side flaps and an end flap. On one end there was a label, usually on the left end as seen from facing the Colt on top. The label indicated model, S/N, finish, caliber, and barrel length.

For the most part, the box in use prior to this style box was the 2 piece woodgrain with the red cardboard insert. But that is a whole different story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts