Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
The 2nd Generation Colt Percussion revolvers seem to be appreciating in value. The Signature Series probably not so much. I think there is a significant group of collectors interested in these beautiful Colts. There are good reliable reference works available on these guns. I have three of these 2nd Generation revolvers and they have appreciated from what I paid for them, but not as much as some other Colts. So what? I bought them because I like them, not for an investment.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That listing keeps on rolling when it doesnt sell. It has been there for months. These 2nd gen F series Walkers from the 80s in the black box typically sell for considerably less than this one. If you have the sn next to this one thats pretty cool, but remember there were 2921 of these made with 4 digit sns. These have MAYBE tripled in value in 33 years. I can go to a shop I know tomorrow and pick up an older 2nd gen C series1851 Navy for $550 or a black box F series 1st Model Dragoon for $695. Do a gb advanced search on 2nd gen Walkers and look at past completed transactions to get an idea of what these really sell for. When it comes down to it buy what you want when you want it pardner. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
That listing keeps on rolling when it doesnt sell.  It has been there for months. These 2nd gen F series Walkers from the 80s in the black box typically sell for considerably less than this one.  If you have the sn next to this one thats cool, but remember there were 2921 of these made with 4 digit sns. These have MAYBE tripled in value in 33 years. I can go to a shop I know tomorrow and pick up an older 2nd gen C series1851 Navy for $550 or a black box F series 1st Model Dragoon for $695.  Do a gb advanced search on 2nd gen Walkers and look at past completed transactions to get an idea of what these really sell for.

·
Registered
549 Posts
This Walker listing keeps on rolling BECAUSE the price he is asking for it is way out of line. Possibly in 100 years it'll be worth what he is asking for now. But today, a 2nd gen Walker is worth anyplace from $900 to $1100. On Gunbroker and GunsAmerica you will often see the Heritage Commemorative Walker with case and book selling for $1250.

The uniqueness 1988RRC is looking for is to have a pair of consecutive serial numbers. This is a worthy goal - IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT. I have several 2nd gen consecutive serial numbers; a pair of 1851 Navies, a pair of 2nd Dragoons, and even a pair of the elusive 1861 Navy Stainless Steel. But come time to sell, I will probably have to break the pairs into single sets because most folks can't afford to buy a pair, or are only collecting one model for each series and don't want a pair. So, if you are going to buy a pair, do so because it is something unique in your collection, but understand that it is not an investment. As a side note - if you are going to collect pairs, you should case them (and the expense that goes with that). This allows the consecutive pair guns to complement each other instead of sitting apart in their separate black boxes.

Having said all of that, I would not recommend buying that Walker at the price he is asking for it. The most I would pay for it (and this is just to have a consecutive set - and I really don't like Walkers) is $1200.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the good advice you all gave. It was just a thought. I knew the one on GB was way overpriced but didnt know what the concecutive numbering would add. Maybe I will contact him and offer mine to him for only $1500.00 :)
What a deal!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
This particular Walker has been rolling over or at least 5 years - no joke - I've seen it on GB for that long. The seller used to have a half dozen or so 2nd Gens listed with exorbitant prices. This is the only one left.

You should be able to get a NIB 2nd Gen Walker for between $800 and $1100. You just gotta be patient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.