I have had the same problem on every replica percussion I shot (1849s, 1851s, 1860, 1861, and a Walker)...after about 1 or 2 cylinders shot through it they bound up tight. I have come up with a solution that works for me. First of all, I use Pyrodex. Same boom, same smoke, same loading techniques, same cleaning techniques, but more shooting! Also the grease matters. After a LOT pf experimentation I have settled on Tetra Lube grease on the arbor as being the grease that allowed the most shooting. Now I get 30 to 36 shots (6 cylinders) before things lock up. If you insist on using black I would at least try the tetra-lube. I have no idea how that grease works with BP because I pretty much gave up on black about a decade ago (although I tried it again yesterday in an 1876 Winchester clone. Group sizes were almost 3X what they were with pyrodex).