Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone help me, if I'm missing certificate of authenticity of an old Colt Whitneyville-Hartford gun I do have serial numbers etc on the gun. How do you suggest to get it verified and find out who has previously owned it? Its heritage but by the looks etc and by the bid received by a collector I'm confident that it is authentic but I dont know when and where it was bought.

/SC

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Sir...

Sorry...but I cannot help with your question, but hang tight, other Members will be here shortly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot! Looking forward to hear what people might have to say since I've understood that this is a rare one..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have it in my home unfortunately and the only picture on my phone are these two through a plastic bag but I can whenever I have time take better close up pictures of it where serial numbers etc are visible..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Without clear and good pictures taken outside , I don't think we can add much.

Craig

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Oops, is see the full length barrel in inside the bag now. I just looked in the book of colt firearms from James Serven and page 58 shows that patent stamp on the right side of serial numbers 1118 and 1123. Looks like it has English stamps as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, sorry for lack of response but I dont have the gun available to take more pictures myself. The serialnumber are 1128, and not between 1118-1123. According to stories for relatives it should be English stamps..

Does anybody know if there might be interest of old official albums of Colt Guns? Feels bad to throw in the trash..

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
SweColt,

I would be interested in the catalogs.

Best,
Tom
Hi, sorry for lack of response but I dont have the gun available to take more pictures myself. The serialnumber are 1128, and not between 1118-1123. According to stories for relatives it should be English stamps..

Does anybody know if there might be interest of old official albums of Colt Guns? Feels bad to throw in the trash..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I most definitely would be interested in the catalogs, and could help you with firearm if you want.

Thanks David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, didnt think there would be any interest in the catalogues. Might find even more when going through all papers, how can I find any details about guns with specific serial numbers? Whitneyville are 1128 and have more Colt as well with 1084 that seems to be an old one. And Colt Paterson with no16 which must be a early version?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Will need to see clear detailed photos of any of the pieces you wish to show. Through the bag the Transition Dragoon looks iffy.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Too many things look askance; lug profile, trigger guard, grip profile, and a couple cylinder details I’ll not divulge at this time without seeing clear photos.

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
I have a collection of colt catalogs. Generally, the common years will sell for close to $5 ea. If sold individually. Using postal media rate allows them to be shipped for about a buck. I am missing a few postwar years and would be interested. They do have value. Many of us remember these in the pre internet days and it brings back memories.

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
1084? If that’s a dragoon, it’s a civilian Walker. And a Paterson? Yes, clearer pics a must. Make sure all the guns are at least being stored in a safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts