Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I called Colt today to ask a few questions to their customer service reps. if they will perform repair, rebluing, refinishing, etc. on Pythons, Troopers, Cobra's. I was told they will look at and repair, re-time, re-blue or re-nickel any of their revolvers. They have all the parts at the shop as well as trained staff that have years of experience working on these guns. I feel better that I can get things worked on as needed, do you all think they are the same quality of craftsmen? Would you trust them with your precious guns?

[This message has been edited by Pythonguy (edited 03-17-2005).]

·
Registered
573 Posts
How about a New Service? I have one in .455 that was British Military issue in WW1, and it has a timing issue that needs attention. I have assumed that Colt, like S&W, did not do work on their older models.
Charlie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ordanceguy,

The most accurate and fastest way to find out is to call this number, Tel: 1-800-962-COLT, and get the answer right from the horses mouth (pun intended).

[This message has been edited by Pythonguy (edited 03-17-2005).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Add the Officers Model Match to the list of older guns that Colt will not service. I recently inquired about having one reblued, but Colt said they wouldn't do that because they have no parts on hand that might be needed because of the reblue process.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Perhaps I caught them on a good day, but I had a Colt Officers Model Match reblued, and had a new hand, hammer, and trigger fitted to correct the previous owners bungled trigger job.
Now, here's the klinker...as previously stated, they don't have parts for some of the older guns, but the service rep was agreeable to doing the work if I supplied the new parts. I located the needed parts, sent all to Colt, and they did a magnificent job of fitting the new parts, and rebluing...looks better than new. The Colt service shop has always been very helpful, and the work they have done for me is always flawless.
I think the problem is not with parts that might be needed because of the blueing process. I believe it's because Colt has a policy of making certain the gun is reassembled within specs because of legal liability, before it's returned to the customer.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,893 Posts
Colt will not service the older guns like the New Service.

They no longer have any parts available for many older guns, so they aren't able to do any repairs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Buckeye,
Would you ind sharing what they charged you for that work? I am going to call next week and speak with them anyway but I was thinking about sending my PPS to them to replace the same parts. (I'm still on the fence about a refinish-it's worn but not rusted, kinda cool lookin' /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts