Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
481 - 500 of 508 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Cut down MT, King reflector front and rear, unusual Ropers that were just repaired.

A friend thinks this was a ranch gun, some type of working sidearm given the mods and heavy wear. Side of barrel shows a pattern of discoloration that suggests a leather holster or cloth was up against it for a long time. I agree with the working gun theory. The action had a thick layer of crud everywhere. Mag is 2 line which I suspect is wrong. Serial likely means 1st year.

Forum member repaired the grips and did a fantastic job. Lots of breaks in thin spots.

I just purchased MT 912 a 6 5/8 inch Match Target.

Reactions: StenFreak

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cut down MT, King reflector front and rear, unusual Ropers that were just repaired.

A friend thinks this was a ranch gun, some type of working sidearm given the mods and heavy wear. Side of barrel shows a pattern of discoloration that suggests a leather holster or cloth was up against it for a long time. I agree with the working gun theory. The action had a thick layer of crud everywhere. Mag is 2 line which I suspect is wrong. Serial likely means 1st year.

Forum member repaired the grips and did a fantastic job. Lots of breaks in thin spots.

The grips look really great! I follow your other thread about grip repair and they came out fantastic!

·
Registered
11,594 Posts
Just picked these two up from an estate sale...1971 Match Target and a 1963 Woodsman. Not perfect but super nice condition.

481 - 500 of 508 Posts