Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
501 - 508 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
My latest, Orville Kuhl engraved KST

Right side is heavily pitted on the rib and a bit on the barrel end and weight tube. I paid accordingly so it was not a cheap gun but not what these tend to go for when they come up in auction.

I have never used cold blue but I'm thinking it might be the answer to protecting the exposed metal. A restoration would be, well a restoration with all that means to the gun's finish and time and money. But it's nice enough it might be worth it. For now I'm just using it as my fancy looking shooter.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
My latest, Orville Kuhl engraved KST

Right side is heavily pitted on the rib and a bit on the barrel end and weight tube. I paid accordingly so it was not a cheap gun but not what these tend to go for when they come up in auction.

I have never used cold blue but I'm thinking it might be the answer to protecting the exposed metal. A restoration would be, well a restoration with all that means to the gun's finish and time and money. But it's nice enough it might be worth it. For now I'm just using it as my fancy looking shooter.
I think I used to own this one, but the pitting was not present when it was mine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think I used to own this one, but the pitting was not present when it was mine.
That would be crazy assuming it was in the last 2 decades or so. I know Kuhl did quite a few KST Woodsman; google image searches show up 3 or 4 engraved guns, a few from your website or posted here. Would you have the serial in your records? I’ll send it to you if so.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
That would be crazy assuming it was in the last 2 decades or so. I know Kuhl did quite a few KST Woodsman; google image searches show up 3 or 4 engraved guns, a few from your website or posted here. Would you have the serial in your records? I’ll send it to you if so.
It is probably in my records somewhere, but unfortunately, my records are chaotic now since my health detoriorated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My much loved Woodsman and target from “ timed fire” shooting at range the other day. HiStandard Supermatic Citation is more accurate but doubt it would ever go in the woods.

501 - 508 of 508 Posts