Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently purchased a 2nd series Woodsman and took it to the range yesterday. I found the pistol would occasionally fail to load a round because the magazine had released while firing. The magazine would drop just enough to prevent the next round from feeding. I was using two original 2nd series colt magazines, and the same problem occurred with both magazines.
The right grip has a thumb rest, so I can't be inadvertently hitting the magazine release button. Just wondered if anyone else had this problem or if anyone knows what would cause this problem?
Thank for any assistance.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Start by removing the Magazine Catch/Lock Assembly for cleaning and inspection.
Push the left side button in slightly as you rotate the right screw counter-clockwise for capture.
The assembly will slide out of the right side.
Once the assembly is removed from the frame, with care, rotate the screw clockwise for the removal of the screw and its spring from the button.
Any questions contact me direct via:
[email protected]
Phone number exchange is available.

Further as an afterthought, make sure your 2 original 2nd Series Woodsman Magazines have the appropriate side notch for capture with the Magazine Catch/Lock. The 2nd Series Challenger Magazine does not have such a notch yet is marked "Colt" on the Base Plate.

Regards,
Tom Platt

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start by removing the Magazine Catch/Lock Assembly for cleaning and inspection.
Push the left side button in slightly as you rotate the right screw counter-clockwise for capture.
The assembly will slide out of the right side.
Once the assembly is removed from the frame, with care, rotate the screw clockwise for the removal of the screw and its spring from the button.
Any questions contact me direct via:
[email protected]
Phone number exchange is available.

Further as an afterthought, make sure your 2 original 2nd Series Woodsman Magazines have the appropriate side notch for capture with the Magazine Catch/Lock. The 2nd Series Challenger Magazine does not have such a notch yet is marked "Colt" on the Base Plate.

Regards,
Tom Platt

Tom,
Thank you very much. I'll try that & will email you if I have any problems with it.
I attached photos of the magazines I am using. They do have the notch. Thanks.
IMG_4225[48311].jpg IMG_4226[48310].jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts