Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Holiday everyone...

I am very interested in the Woodsman NM Series 2 and 3 but try as I may, no matter how I inquire about the land and groove size of the Match Target
series 2 and3, the question is totally ignored and other aspects of the much admired semi-auto are referred to. Would be much obliged if some kind soul out there could help with the answer to the question "does anyone know the land and groove size of the Colt Woodsman Match Target series two and series three ?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.
Sincerely..........Ironeyes

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Your sur-name Cody by any chance ? :D

Not from me, but I expect you are as close to finding the answer here than any other (internet) place you might visit. I think your subject header will bring several guys who are Woodsman experts. The concentration on other matters, (such as Christmas and family) just now, may slow a response.

Of more interest to me would be the need for the exact bore specs, outside of having a new barrel produced ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your sur-name Cody by any chance ? :D

Not from me, but I expect you are as close to finding the answer here than any other (internet) place you might visit. I think your subject header will bring several guys who are Woodsman experts. The concentration on other matters, (such as Christmas and family) just now, may slow a response.

Of more interest to me would be the need for the exact bore specs, outside of having a new barrel produced ??[/QUOTE

Ponyup--Thanks for your interest. From an accuracy standpoint, I would like a bullet that just slightly exceeds the bore size. So, land and groove
size is of interest to me as there are several size .22lr bullets to choose from. Thanks so much again for your comments and response.
By the way, my Sur-name is not Cody, but I am well aware of the reference.
Happy trails,
Ironeyes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Bob...

Thank you so much for taking the time and interest to respond to me with the info you have. I recently (in last 2 years) acquired a. 6" 2nd series and a 4 1/2" 3rd series. I slugged both and came up with .214/.220 on the 3rd series, and .216 land and .222 groove on the second series. It made me question, why the change ?, or was I not accurate on reading the result ? I believe my reading was correct.

Bought my first Colt in 1962. It was a Nickel .22lr Scout K model. Still have it. It slugs @ .214/.220 with .2235 cylinder throats. Those throats need adjusting !

I really have enjoyed the friends I have shared this sport with and want to say "thanks" again for your kind consideration and help.

Sincerely, ... Ironeyes

·
Registered
296 Posts
You're assuming all guns from a series have the same dimensions. I'm not sure I'd make that assumption with pistols produced over numerous decades.

If you measured your guns correctly I'm not sure what you can learn from engineering specs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts