Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen a couple of mags marked on floorplate "Colt Woodsman Match Target Model". Are these as rare as I think? Believe them to be for 1st Series "Bullseye" Match Targets? Anybody know a bit about these??? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Of course I do not know how rare you think a First Model Match Target magazine is, but a First Model Match Target magazine in excellent condition usually sells for over $300. What specifically do you want to know about these magazines?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your Honor,
Are the markings solely markings? I take it they are and the mags are the same as others not so marked. This mag sold for $60 before I could jump on it.
Did you get my PM about your 2nd Series MT box?

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Yes, the markings are solely markings! (How could markings not be markings?) I assume you mean that the Match Target-marked magazine are the same physically as the standard Woodsman magazines, which they are. I cannot imagine that a Match Target magzine sold for $60! Someone stole that one!I did not get your PM about the Second Model box. I will have to check my personal messages to see if it is there.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
There is one small difference other than the markings. The front edge of the base plate on a 1st series Woodsman Match Target magazine is slanted rearward from bottom front (A below). All other are slanted rearward from top front. Presumably this was done to facilitate extraction, which is somewhat difficult with the wrap around grips in place.

Sorry about the poor photo quality. I took the picture years ago, before I learned how to do it right.

Bob Rayburn
colt22.com

·
Registered
833 Posts
Where did the OP post a picture of the magazine of which he speaks?
He didn't, I have only seen one 1st Series Match Target Magazine sell for the sum of $ 60.00 in recent days. I took a calculated guess that this was the Mag. he was referencing.( Could be a mistake on my part ) If you live in a world of lines and odds, I'd take the bet.

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Ouch! Who says there are no bargains left on auction sites? Of course, if any of us here had seen that listing, it would have sold for a lot more than $60! (I used to watch Colt magazines on eBay, but there were always so many non-Colt magazines FOR a Colt to wade through, that I gave up. My mistake!)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The $60 MT 1st Series mag was listed at $40 + " Buy it Now" for $60. I was at the VA Hospital and before I could transfer $ to my account, it was gone for $60.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.