Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering if anyone knows how many Colt Woodsman were made in this configuration? Looks like it was only made in 1933. The bore is excellent, shows little use. As for the finish, it is the high 90's. The one thing I do know, it is a blast shoot. Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Air gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Wondering if anyone knows how many Colt Woodsman were made in this configuration?
I did considerable research in the shipping records at Colt's a few years ago trying to determine exactly that. A completely accurate answer is not possible, since the notations in the shipping records were cryptic and incomplete. I did have with me at the time a list of serial numbers of all I had seen in that configuration, so I located them in the record and tried to figure out what the various notations represented. I then examined the shipping records of other Sport Models in the same time frame to check for the same and other notations. I was able to narrow the range considerably when the notes began saying "new type barrel" (presumably the straight tapered barrel rather than the stepped barrel). I then did the best I could to separate out the "half moon sight" from the ramp front sight with the aid of my list of known medium barrel guns with each type of front sights.

There was considerable overlap, and many entries did not have details, but I believe I have enough data to get a close approximation. It will take considerable study on my part, but if my health stays good it will be done.

Another goal was to find out how many Sport Models had the adjustable front sight. I haven't shaken out the numbers yet, but I do have a lot of raw data to go through.

Bob Rayburn
colt22.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.