Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
They show up on eBay from time to time. I think the last one I recall sold in the $300 to $400 range. Since the advent of eBay, sellers now have millions of potential buyers for any box, and the market has exploded. Boxes are appreciating faster than the guns, and of course, are much more rare since the survival rate is far less.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Jerry, it is just as the 'Judge' said. We too have seen that box sell for well over $300 and it wasn't really "that" nice. It was the the last OGCA show.
Many people are asking for the same box too and most are willing to 'pay' the 'going' price. All it takes it two people at or 'on' any auction, who want the same thing! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
There's always a slim chance you may stumble across one at a lesser price, if you haunt a lot of small gun shows and swap meets, but the the bargains are getting very few and far between. I sprained my arm going for my wallet, to grab a super nice early 50's trooper box, a few weeks ago, for 30 bucks, before the guy changed his mind. Whenever i find those kind of prices, I jump on them regardless of whether I have a current need, and stash them away. The down side is that you'll catch yourself looking for guns to fill those boxes.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you'd like to see expensive boxes and frantic bidders, keep checking "the bay" until a nice 2nd gen. SAA black box shows up. Stagecoach boxes also go high, but for a pittance compared to the nice black ones. Bought one at a gun show in the '70's for $15 and sold it through the Gun List for $50; along with 6 in. .22 nickel Diamonbacks, if we had only known...... -Asa

·
Registered
11 Posts
BEWARE OF "JERRY!" He spent a month arranging mutual 2 day air shipping on a trade deal with a little girl and then sent his ground. He misrepresented the condition and quality of his gun. He tried to bounce her $900 for a case and cleaning kit that came with the gun origianlly AFTER her guns had already been shipped. He refused to return her guns when requested. He uses a shill that goes by "CAM." His name is Gennaro Materaso and he says he's a cop. Actually, he works for the Bridge and Tunnel Authority in NYC, probably as a toll taker. BEWARE OF THIS COWARD!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts