Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy a NIB Colt Z-40 .40 S&W /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and was wondering what ya'll think about the price of $800.

It is a more than I really want to spend so I am not sure I am going to take the plunge. Convince me either way.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Sounds a little stiff. Although low in production quantity, these don't seem to have caught on with the collectors...yet. I still see them in the 550-650 range for NIB.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I think I will pass on this one. I will look to see if I can find a cheaper one at a show or whatever. I'd like a .40 S&W from Colt, but a CZ will do just fine.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Keep an eye out for a .40S&W Government Model. They'll show up as often as that CZ40. You'll probably be able to get one for about that price too and it'll definitely be worth it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Blokey. I didn't know the Gov't came in .40.

I'll keep lookin'

Chris

·
Registered
711 Posts
Here's a pic of my .40 S&W Gov't Model:

As you can see, it's a standard GM. I think they only came in stainless, I've never seen a blue one. Good luck!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow!! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Looks real good. I'll have to check for one this weekend at the local show.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a pic of my .40 S&W Gov't Model:
As you can see, it's a standard GM. I think they only came in stainless, I've never seen a blue one. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]
Sad to say, but they did make a very few in blue. Possibly as few as 100. I passed on one that was only a few days out of the factory, because it was priced too high, and I didn't realize at the time it would be so scarce, and have regretted it ever since. I've seen several in stainless, but never another blue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts