Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I have a Z40 that I bought new when they first came out in '99 (I think it was '99) I know there weren't many made so when I saw the serial number on it I sent a letter to the company to check on it. As it turns out, I have the last one that was made-verified by the factory letter.

My question is....I've never even pulled the slide back because it may have some collector value. I'd just like to know if it's worth a bunch or not so much and I should just enjoy it and shoot it. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
I shoot mine. It functions great and I shoot a reduced lead bullet in mine. The trigger pull is long for my short hand. Sure they will probably go up in value but they were not made in USA so who knows if many collectors are interested. If you ever break it down, the index marks shown in the book are wrong for removing the slide stop. I can remember what is right sitting at the desk, but slowing moving the slide back until the stop comes out works. I called Colt about it and it was noted but that about all that was done. I believe I paid around 5-550 for mine plus tax 5 years ago. What are they bring nowdays? I ordered from CZ 2 extra 10 round mags. and found a full capacity mag. that works but I don't know the brand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts