Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the story. It is about 4PM and I am relaxing on my new Macbook pro cruising the local gun trading sites and Facebook groups looking for a sweet deal on any Colt snake gun. At this point in my collecting phase I see way more of what I have than what I don't have. Sooooooooo, I keep on cruising and about 4:30PM I see a text from someone who heard I collect Colts asking me if I was interested in an unfired Colt Python and he sent over some pics.

Well what do you know, a beautiful Colt Python Silver Snake picture came across my text screen and more pics began to follow. As you can imagine I could hardly contain my excitement. The adrenaline flowed and all of a sudden all other priorities came to a standstill, waiting, yearning, wanting and imagining that sweet piece of metal joining the other lovelies in my safe.

However, I asked myself, how can I afford this? Surely, this price will be through the roof! I called the kind man telling him I was very interested as I didn't have one and wasn't quite sure I could afford it after the Colt Python buying spree I have been on over the last several weeks. He told me that he's had it in his safe for almost 15 years and bought it NIB. He didn't have the original shipping box but he had everything else with it including even a letter dated in 2000 from Colt regarding the details on the gun (as if he didn't have enough already lol).

So I asked him how much he wanted for it. He told me he has had it for a long time and he would sell it to me for a sweet deal. When I say sweet ladies and gentlemen, I mean the kind of sweet that rots all of your teeth out the minute you put it into your mouth :)

So I wanted to share this story with everyone to let you know that dreams really do come true. Pictures to follow :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
So, I hate you....OH, sorry, that was the inside voice. What I MEANT to say was, Wow, congratulations, I am so happy for you and can't wait to see the pictures.

I think I'm going to go out and kick some rocks for a bit. haha

Really, that is great that you got a line on such an amazing Python, and I do hope that you put the deal together and add a beauty like that to your collection. I look forward to seeing the pictures, and hope someday that I can get my Unicorn Python at an amazing deal too...... TC

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha Radicalrod! That is the question of the day isn't it? Sell it for how many $$$$ or hold on and see if I can get more? Who knows and I don't want to even speculate on what the future value is but I think i am pretty good to say I can get 12k off of it now. What do you think? :cool:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
These silver snakes are WORTHLESS man. Tell you what, add $1k onto what you paid and I'll take it off your hands before you lose your shirt on this thing. No one wants these guns, that's why they only made 250 of them. No demand.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Well personally I would start it at a $.01 on GB and let her rip....

Sounds like you got it at a good deal....make some money and let someone else store it...

Take the cash and buy 5 more .....nothing wrong with that lots of the BIG GUYS do it every day....

YMMV....RR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.