Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As is an annual Christmas eve tradition, my father and I were casing the Gun Library in the Dundee Cabelas for reasonably priced Colt orphans in need of a good home. There wasn’t anything to get excited over in the cases; but on the rack I spotted a single shot .22 LR bolt Colteer. I don’t know much about the model other than they aren’t worth a heck of a lot; but the one in the Library was in excellent to fine condition and had what I only suspect is the original 4x Coltmaster Jr. blued steel scope. Have never seen one with the scope and looked to be pretty well made. For just barely a few hundred bucks I figured it wasn’t worth leaving behind.

There doesn't seem to be much info/talk about them in past threads. I know the rifles were made between 57-66; mine has no serial number. Were the scopes standard on the rifles; or an option? Any idea who made the scopes? Were the rifles manufactured under the blue dome in CT? Were they offered in any other chamberings then .22LR and .22 Mag.? Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
I have 3 of them. A early gun with the 24 in. barrel that I gave to my son. A later gun with the 22 in. barrel and slightly different bolt that is mine. And a 22 magnum. The early scopes were mostly steel and the later scopes appear to be made by realist with more plastic. I have taken off the ends to clean them out. I believe they were made by a company called Jefferson and they made them also for Western Auto. The original retail was $20 and when the 22 magnum came out in about 1960, the price jumped to $25.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here's a few pictures of the old poodle shooter; think I may have to find a .22 mag. now just to complete the set. The pictures don't really do the piece justice; the stock is a very nice quality walnut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.