Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'll try to break the ice on this forum. Does anyone, besides me, remember the little straight stocked, semi auto, saddle ring on the left side of the receiver, Colteer rifles? I think I owned two of them in my teens. The first seemed to jam all the time but, the second one(replaced for the first one) seemed to eat anything I tried to feed it.

[This message has been edited by S.B (edited 03-06-2005).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny you should mention this rifle, just received a pure 98% Colt StageCoach a few days back....but have yet to fire it. Saddle ring and all.

LTS

·
Registered
13 Posts
I remember these Colt .22 rifles,even have some old Colt catalogs with pictures of them. Never owned one though. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S.B:
Well, I'll try to break the ice on this forum. Does anyone, besides me, remember the little straight stocked, semi auto, saddle ring on the left side of the receiver, Colteer rifles? I think I owned two of them in my teens. The first seemed to jam all the time but, the second one(replaced for the first one) seemed to eat anything I tried to feed it.

[This message has been edited by S.B (edited 03-06-2005).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
0331 GunsUp

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a Colt Courier .22 semi-auto rifle bought new in the mid 70's. Can't remember now why I traded it off. It was a good accurate shooter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went to an auction last week and got two guns I had not seen before. One is a Colteer .22 LR in beautiful condition. The other is a Colt NewLine .32 nickel plated with pearl grips. This gun is also in beautiful condition with no blemishes on the nickel or the grips. The serial number look-up dates this gun to 1875. I also got a SAA Sheriff's model in .44-.40 that does not appear to have been fired after it left the factory. I was a happy camper when I left the auction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts