Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just wondering what you guys think of this supposedly 1982 production 6” Python finished in ColtGuard.
Equipped with Pachmyer Presentation rubber grips with Colt insignia.
Knew Colt made a few with this finish for some reason, to appeal to somebody, somewhere....
Any idea of production numbers? Desirability?
Some might consider it rare mainly due to the finish & small numbers made, but.... I’m thinking the seller‘s asking price of U$3500.00 is a bit steep. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,068 Posts
The Python Electroless Nickle finish was different than the standard as used on other Colt's.
The Pythons finish was "Royal Coltguard" which was shinier then the other models had.

There were not that many Python finished with it so value would be enhanced due to lower production.
Depending on the condition, the price might be acceptable to a collector.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I find that finish "cold" looking and somewhat less shiny than say regular nickel or BSS. But like dfariswheel said, depends on the collector.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I became a late fan of Royal COLT GUARD, ELECTROLESS NICKEL When I bought my polished nickel guns, I should have got a brother for each in the “ other finish”.

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
My 4" Python came Royal Coltguard. I bought it new...it came with standard Colt walnut stocks. I understand later e-nickel guns came with Colt/Pachmayr Presentation grips but all of my e-nickel Colts came with walnut.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Cant speak on Canadian prices, or tell too much from those pics.

Python Royal Coltguard in high condition Is a beautiful and unique finish, best appreciated in person rather than pics.

Not many made. True NIB hard to find, particularly 2.5” barrelled.
They carry a premium.

would think 3-3.5 K for excellent 6”, no box.
4K for excellent 6”, w/ box/papers.
5K for 6” NIB .

Note these are US $, GB reputable seller price estimates.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, so take what I'm going to say with a pinch of salt, but I'm not convinced that those stocks are absolutely original to that 1982 Python in ColtGuard nickel finish.
The price seems a bit steep to me but I don't know what prices are like in your area.

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Earlier Royal Coltguard Pythons came with walnut stocks...mine is one of them though it wears Colt/Pachmayr now. Later production were shipped with the Colt/Pachmayr grips. I'm guessing it might have been a cost issue to reduce the overall cost considering the e-nickel finish.

·
Registered
255 Posts
SnidelyWhiplas would these pythons be polished to the same degree as royal blue before being electroplated?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts