Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All....the more i read here...the more dis-heartening it becomes....it is just preposterous...revolvers that do not revolve...
cannot even cut a proper muzzle crown...!!!???? WHO is watching the store..???????? What a clusterf__k....
THUNDEROUS SILENCE from colt.....very disappointing.....will just stick with my 1956 Colt "357" and my 1976 PYTHON 6" Blue..
OK...rant off...
Pete

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY MARKO65....care to show us your $1499.00 receipt for your 2020 python....????
Pete

·
Registered
319 Posts
So let me understand this.....Colt is bad for killing the Python....Colt is bad for bringing the Python back.....

Colt has addressed the first round of issues regarding the crown. There is much talk about the failure to revolve....how big of an issue is this....3%....30%? Too early to tell. Clearly frustrating for the customer, but has to be frustrating for Colt as well. Let the dust settle and let's see the scale of the issue and give Colt a chance to fix. Putting a Python back on the market is a positive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Az_colt..I agree bringing back the python is positive...what they are putting out is not positive...do you wanna roll the dice with your
$1499 (or more)....??????
Pete

·
Registered
24 Posts
you're right.

when I heard this 3 weeks ago I did not expect Colt to have to in them to make a really great Python anymore but I was curious and started following this. Who knew they would fu...this up royally. The cheapest sh...t grips corporate procurement managers could source, chewed up 'target' crowns and the cylinder which turns some of the time...I mean...this thing is flat on it's face. I so miss my 1960s Python now and wish I never traded it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They’ll get the problems straighten out and this will be forgotten by most 6 months from now. This is the reason I avoid a new release on anything. I’m looking forward to getting at least one once the bugs are worked out and the price settles down.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If I had been able to find one in AZ for close to MSRP the answer is yes.

Guns/Cars I typically wait until 2nd model year for manufacturers to correct issues, but would buy one now even with the risk of sending back to Colt to show customer support so they continue investment in the guns I love.

The revolve issue is clearly an issue, but to what to extent? No evidence this is extensive issue.....no information if this occurs prior to firing or after sustained firing....and everyone seems to be echoing the same known complaints. Reading more reports of guns without an issue revolving than reports of guns having the issue....so again how substantial is the issue? If the majority of guns have the problem, clearly my position would change.

Grips?....like the ones they have on it now rather than Pachmyr ....no complaints there. Would prefer 60s version of grips, but no biggie. Grips are easily customized.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey ALL....I hear Y'ALL...am not wantin to start a war with anyone....am just sooooooo pissed at COLT because it was just not ever like them to have ANY issues with anything they built...i go a long way back with colt....have had many colt in my 70yrs.....
I REALLY do hope they get this right.....I am in for TWO 4" 2020 PYTHONS.....
PETE

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
HEY MARKO65....care to show us your $1499.00 receipt for your 2020 python....????
Pete
No why would i show you ....I have one coming this week a 6' and picking up a 4 1/2 on the 22nd. The negativity I was referring too... all first world problems, oh and if my 6' has issues I will calmly have it sent back to Colt for repair not the end of the world by any means.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Marko65...you have a lot more patience than me....all i can say is having been an NYPD SGT. for 32years i have heard EVERY excuse
from all types...this Colt stuff just doesn't wash.....and again...I really do hope they get this right...have TWO 4" inbound...
Pete

·
Registered
484 Posts
This is an observation, NOT an accusation... After reading all the different threads on the new Python... it seems like a lot of the feedback is from “new” or persons with an extremely low number of forum posts... So, a good sign that more members are joining or finally contributing or ? As the more experienced members have posted, let’s see how big the issue really is and provide Colt an opportunity to improve. I’m sure Colt personnel didn’t plan to have these issues... Until we find out the cause of what happened (we may never know) all we can do is understand that Colt wants to be successful and they will correct the problem...

·
Registered
665 Posts
you're right.

when I heard this 3 weeks ago I did not expect Colt to have to in them to make a really great Python anymore but I was curious and started following this. Who knew they would fu...this up royally. The cheapest sh...t grips corporate procurement managers could source, chewed up 'target' crowns and the cylinder which turns some of the time...I mean...this thing is flat on it's face. I so miss my 1960s Python now and wish I never traded it.
So you waited almost four years to make your first post one that criticizes the maker this forum is named after.
Sweet dude!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sorry, but I have to chime in on this...this is a prime example of the interweb creating drama!! Google "Colt 2020 Python Problems"...not too much comes up. This is a nothingburger if you ask me. Not even 3000 Python's are hardly released. And, for the record, a very small majority of the people that bought them are on this forum. Everybody have a beer or six and chill for a bit. It wasn't to long ago it was gospel on here that Colts would NEVER,EVER, EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER bring back the Python! Swear to God, look it up! It was a for sure NEVER!! Now it's back and it's the biggest POS ever made. Maybe it should be a Hi Point or Jennings Python. And the fact that Colts has been silent this far is not a surprise at all, look when 2 zillion vehicles are recalled. The manufacturer rarely says a peep. For the record, I do agree the QC stuff is a little crazy, but that is the world we live in, can't even get a good cheeseburger these days. Good grief.

·
Registered
506 Posts
No why would i show you ....I have one coming this week a 6' and picking up a 4 1/2 on the 22nd. The negativity I was referring too... all first world problems, oh and if my 6' has issues I will calmly have it sent back to Colt for repair not the end of the world by any means.
:) The 4.25 just started production today. You are a very special person to have a committed to delivery date. :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
“oh and if my 6' has issues I will calmly have it sent back to Colt for repair not the end of the world by any means.”

I’m gonna guess the only issue with that 6’ will be finding a suitable means for transporting it. On the plus side, it should handle recoil like a champ!

·
Premium Member
7,344 Posts
Yeah, I’m gonna give Colt the benefit of the doubt here that they will get things straight. Not bragging here.. kinda like working on today’s vehicle , but I work on medical equipment that is watched and regulated from all different directions, and i make a living because things still don’t work right, break down, don’t work from the factory sometimes... maybe not seen it all, but I’ve seen enough of it that it takes just one human error to cause a sideways happenation of seemingly crazed portions. From wiring, to shipping to mechanical, to sales blunders.,
I don’t know the inner workings of Colt , but have faith. Generally speaking, people in the gun industry building and gunsmithing make a descent living, but they aren’t having what-to-do-with-my-money problems from what my people tell me. They generally really are passionate about what they do, I hear. They’ll get this thing figured and This issue will be forgotten 6 months like someone else said.
This is internet technology at its best. The gun is 13 days old to the main public. - 13 days and we’ve had them less than that in our hands. and we already know about pretty much every problem encountered so far encompassing a massive amount of folks. Wouldn’t be the case 20 years ago.
So , it takes time to evaluate and identify the true issue. Identify the cause of it at the factory. And implement the corrective action. And there’s more to it than that - I fix . I don’t plan the fix.
The original pythons had 14 more parts. Mostly hand fitted, right? Wonder what the success rate was when that little endeavor hit the market? We will never know because there was no way for each of us to notify each other.. customers couldn’t spread the word like in the moment we live in now.

I personally think the good news is the technology in everyone’s favor. Before I’m getting out there and discovering a problem eventually on my own. .. in less than 1 working week, Colt knows of my issue and will fix it.. we are still well within the year warranty says my iPad that informed me of the issue through forum media, photographed it, and will help me get it resolved with the company with emailed free shipping .. etc etc.so on, so forth. so. It only seems bad in our instant age of instantly aged. Give them folks at Colt a little more time. They’ll get it right.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Hey Marko65...you have a lot more patience than me....all i can say is having been an NYPD SGT. for 32years i have heard EVERY excuse
from all types...this Colt stuff just doesn't wash.....and again...I really do hope they get this right...have TWO 4" inbound...
Pete
Pete... I grew up right across the river from the city Hudson county NJ. I heard and have seen all kinds of stuff but these little things are really nothing to get beyond pissed about and its probably just a small % like I said first world problems

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.