Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
No matter how well a company tests its products...whether it be a firearm, automobile or whatever...until it gets into the hands of consumers who will use, misuse and abuse the product in any number of scenarios and circumstances...will the flaws become fully known. A new car only has a mile or two showing on the odometer on the dealer's lot. A handgun gets only a couple of proof rounds run through it...if it targets and functions it ships. Then the warranty kicks in for any other issues...just like a car...the warranty kicks in and the dealer is supposed to fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
When you consider how wacko - anti gun / "The government needs to support all in the state from cradle to grave", by unfair taxes and regulations in Connecticut / how basically Colt can't hardly even fire an employee........................ etc.

I am amazed that Colt has even been able to get these pythons out the door with just a few problems. I think Colt has all the best intentions in the world but also have to many in their workforce that just show up to punch the time clock and get through the day.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
When you consider how wacko - anti gun / "The government needs to support all in the state from cradle to grave", by unfair taxes and regulations in Connecticut / how basically Colt can't hardly even fire an employee........................ etc.

I am am amazed that Colt has even been able to get these pythons out the door with just a few problems. I think Colt has all the best intentions in the world but also have to many in their workforce that just show up to punch the time clock and just get through the day.
I've no idea what, if any, problems may have had with the original Python when it was first released...but we have to keep in mind there were only two who had the knowledge and experience allowed to make the Python at that time. They were expected to produce a superior product and everyone knew whose fault it was if something wasn't done correctly. The new Python is designed for minimal hand fitting and while Colt might have their better techs assembling them (maybe)...I doubt if those techs today have the knowledge and experience of Al deJohn and the old masters putting the Python together originally. It could be as scstrain says...too many just showing up to punch their timecards. Maybe it's someone trying too hard to get it right and goes too far in his techniques that require more knowledge and experience than he possesses.

I would hope the workforce knows how special the Python is and has always been and really wants to put out a quality product. Maybe it's only a very limited number of people who don't care enough and just want to get a paycheck and take little pride in their work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is why u never buy a first or possibly 2nd year new model. It takes a few years to get the kinks out.
I don't necessarily disagree, but if everyone did that, we'd still be debating those newfangled atlatls. The people who cough up their cash to roll the dice on a new model anything should be lauded.
Yea nobody would ever want that 1st generation Porsche 356, Corvette Stingray, or that 1st Shelby Cobra... They might need service work at some point!

you NEVER want the 1st model of anything. Buying that 1st Superman, Batman, Silver Silver, Spider-Man comic book would be a waste... those characters might suck!

Same thing goes for any collectible. Those rookie cards from unproven players should always be traded for a proven veteran player. Babe Ruth rookie card? I’ll pass... he may end up average.

That being said... I don’t think I’ll be 1st in line to fly on a new Boeing jet lol

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Yea nobody would ever want that 1st generation Porsche 356, Corvette Stingray, or that 1st Shelby Cobra... They might need service work at some point!

you NEVER want the 1st model of anything. Buying that 1st Superman, Batman, Silver Silver, Spider-Man comic book would be a waste... those characters might suck!

Same thing goes for any collectible. Those rookie cards from unproven players should always be traded for a proven veteran player. Babe Ruth rookie card? I’ll pass... he may end up average.

That being said... I don’t think I’ll be 1st in line to fly on a new Boeing jet lol
Well let's compare a hand fit 1955 Corvette to the new mass produced 2020 mid engine Corvette.....cause you know we don't have skilled labor anymore.....time marches on and so does technology......a revolving cylinder gun isn't "ROCKET SCIENCE" just ask SAINT CLARE.....

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've no idea what, if any, problems may have had with the original Python when it was first released...but we have to keep in mind there were only two who had the knowledge and experience allowed to make the Python at that time. They were expected to produce a superior product and everyone knew whose fault it was if something wasn't done correctly. The new Python is designed for minimal hand fitting and while Colt might have their better techs assembling them (maybe)...I doubt if those techs today have the knowledge and experience of Al deJohn and the old masters putting the Python together originally. It could be as scstrain says...too many just showing up to punch their timecards. Maybe it's someone trying too hard to get it right and goes too far in his techniques that require more knowledge and experience than he possesses.

I would hope the workforce knows how special the Python is and has always been and really wants to put out a quality product. Maybe it's only a very limited number of people who don't care enough and just want to get a paycheck and take little pride in their work.
It's not that way anymore, with anything that isn't custom-made. Fortunately Colt had over sixty years of Python existence to do an even better job before introducing the new one, and it sounds like the results should outweigh the cosmetic issues and functional problems that are only showing up on a few revolvers.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Well let's compare a hand fit 1955 Corvette to the new mass produced 2020 mid engine Corvette.....cause you know we don't have skilled labor anymore.....time marches on and so does technology......a revolving cylinder gun isn't "ROCKET SCIENCE" just ask SAINT CLARE.....
Yes the 2020 Vette will absolutely crush the original one into the ground in every measurable category except for value... for a little while. In 20 years people will want the 1st mid engine vette as a collectors car as it will be the 1st of its kind.

·
Registered
310 Posts
No matter how well a company tests its products...whether it be a firearm, automobile or whatever...until it gets into the hands of consumers who will use, misuse and abuse the product in any number of scenarios and circumstances...will the flaws become fully known. A new car only has a mile or two showing on the odometer on the dealer's lot. A handgun gets only a couple of proof rounds run through it...if it targets and functions it ships. Then the warranty kicks in for any other issues...just like a car...the warranty kicks in and the dealer is supposed to fix it.

Yet for some odd reason people forget that when talking about the new Python. So many people bashing Colt on Facebook because a few guns have had glitches

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
....Well.....
I was hopin' someday to get my bleephooks on a beater 4".
Now I have to speculate: Who among us is gonna get a used 'new' Python when it pops up?
Meanwhile, these revolvers actually show a lot more promise than people are givin' 'em credit for.

·
Registered
274 Posts
A decent ss 4" just went for around $2.5k on GB. Maybe they will go down to below $2k, because of people expecting to get a new ss 2020 for $1.5k? A lot of people just love 'new'.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.