Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've posted other photos of this one before, but I like this pistol. In my biased opinion it's the best NM to come along yet, if you want a superb shooter. I like the older NM guns, but this one is simply better. The new CNC/CAD machinery makes for a tight, slick, perfectly fitted pistol. Accuracy is excellent. This one stays.

The new blued NM with a stainless Gold Cup. They're similar, but the blued NM is legal for CMP competition, due to the standard hammer and grip safety.

50 Yard slow-fire target, shot one-handed. 10 shots in 10 minutes, the 1st stage of the National Match Course. This NM is up to the task.

Slide markings, left side. Retro is good.

The new BoMar-style rear sight. Excellent repeatable adjustments on a rugged rear sight. A great improvement over the old Elliason.

SFC Rodney Cox, FT Bragg, NC master instructor, puts some rounds down range as the NM was meant to be shot, one handed

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the pictures you've posted, please do more. It's a very nice looking gun, which grips do you have on yours? I've seen two of these at local gun shops but have not handled one. I'm on the edge / thinking of buying one and you know what will happen if I hold one.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the pictures you've posted, please do more. It's a very nice looking gun, which grips do you have on yours? I've seen two of these at local gun shops but have not handled one. I'm on the edge / thinking of buying one and you know what will happen if I hold one.
Those stocks are an old pair off a series 70 Gold Cup. I have a couple of sets squirreled away for situations like this. The rubber wrap-around ones are fine for shooting, but these look better, are comfortable and are legal for bullseye service pistol. Once you handle a new NM, you'll want it, so bring your credit card.
Bob

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Oh big deal. I can do that with a two-handed hold at 5 yards!! LOL!

Great shooting and terrific photos. I'll always have a fondness for Ft Bragg. I took basic there 5/67. Please keep us updated. :cool:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Oh big deal. I can do that with a two-handed hold at 5 yards!! LOL!

Great shooting and terrific photos. I'll always have a fondness for Ft Bragg. I took basic there 5/67. Please keep us updated. :cool:

You Army guys always have forts, all we have are camps :cool:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Great pictures OIF2. I thought I had enough Colt 45 ACP pistols but maybe not.

Nice shooting at 50 yards one handed.

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts