Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys - it is hard finding colts in decent condition locally so most I have had to import which is a PITA but worth it in the end.

Also makes it hard when you can't see them and are not even in the same hemisphere, you just have to rely on the sellers honesty ;)!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Top score mate, enjoy them. When you find the 22 Diamondback, if they shoot as good as the Officers Model Target prewar vintage, then you are truelly onto a winner.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Nice collection, you certainly have an eye for quality. I think you will find dealing with folks on the forum, especially the senior members, is a plus 99.9% sure thing for honesty and great communication during the transaction process. JMO

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello buddy and greetings from someone starting out colt-ecting (see what I did there?:p) and who is also not in the States. Good luck with your collection, looks like a great start...

ATB,

Scrummy

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Nice pile of iron there, thorn.
I have to comment and ask whenever folks from down under come on the boards.
Do you think there will ever be an intelligent revision made to the firearms regs in your country? I have heard first hand horror stories about people's lifetime collections being confiscated and destroyed for no other reason than the stroke of a pen. Truly a shameful and cowardly approach to crime fighting, in my estimation.
I have spoken with some Canadians who were in similar straits, and their 'pendulum' has begun to swing in their favor. We shall see if their God given rights will ever be recognized and honored by their government.
At any rate, I rant.
Good to see your stuff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice! Is it hard to get them from overseas? A long wait?
Not too hard, just have to find an exporter who doesn't charge an arm and a leg.Bit of paper work and then the import permits, along with a wait then import duty and custom fees!But well worth it in the end...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice collection, you certainly have an eye for quality. I think you will find dealing with folks on the forum, especially the senior members, is a plus 99.9% sure thing for honesty and great communication during the transaction process. JMO
Sure is a great forum and I have certainly learnt plenty reading various posts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice pile of iron there, thorn.I have to comment and ask whenever folks from down under come on the boards. Do you think there will ever be an intelligent revision made to the firearms regs in your country? I have heard first hand horror stories about people's lifetime collections being confiscated and destroyed for no other reason than the stroke of a pen. Truly a shameful and cowardly approach to crime fighting, in my estimation. I have spoken with some Canadians who were in similar straits, and their 'pendulum' has begun to swing in their favor. We shall see if their God given rights will ever be recognized and honored by their government.At any rate, I rant. Good to see your stuff.
I hope the politicians will change the laws as firearm ownership is seen as a privaledge and not a right.There are a lot of anti-gun groups and political parties so I doubt the laws will get better any time soon.Recent state laws were introduced in relation to ammunition purchasing.All I can say is don't take your gun laws for granted. In the space of a generation we went from fairly relaxed laws to some of the strictest firearms laws in the world.

·
Registered
278 Posts
All I can say is don't take your gun laws for granted. In the space of a generation we went from fairly relaxed laws to some of the strictest firearms laws in the world.
I read the story of this someplace, I think it only took one unfortunate incident (Port Arthur Massacre), one gun-hating PM (John Howard), and one legislative session. You probably know better than me.

Wikipedia says that handguns are limited to .38/9mm or less. What does a fellow have to do in order to legally own a collection of 357's?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts