Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colt\'s list

Here is a list of my Colt's
As you can see-I haven't yet worked out what the caliber of each pistol is yet.
I know it's a small list compared to some of yours-but I am hoping to add to it in the new year.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: Colt\'s list

merc, that this a mighty fine list of shooting irons you have there! You have great diversity and don't for a minute think your collection is modest. Like many of us, you have more guns than you really need. However no matter what the size of your collection, you would likely still be looking to add to it. I suspect most of us in the hobby are that way.

Do any of these guns have an interesting story or special meaning that you want to share with us? Which one is your favorite and why?

Maybe others could use your thread to share their stories?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

These are just my Colt's
I have a few other makes, but Colt's is definately the hub of my collecting.
It is hard to single out any one gun as a favorite.
I guess I could narrow it down to 2 particular pistolas.
The .45 is a great winter, shoulder holster, carry gun. And is a blast to blow off a hundred rounds at the range every now and then too.
My favorite shooter is the Challenger. Being a .22, you can shoot this one all day cheaply.
The cowboy style guns like the Cowboy .45LC, the peacemaker, and the Frontier are great guns but require too much reloading at the range. But they are nice to carry as a side arm when hunting.
I hope others can share some stories of their firearms. It is always interesting and educational.

------------------
merc
Living without Liberty, is not Living

[This message has been edited by merc (edited 12-30-2004).]

·
Registered
594 Posts

Merc: That is a great lineup of Colts. You should be very proud to have such a diverse collection. Is your M1911 a USGI specimen? How about posting some pics of your favorites? I like the Challenger as well. It was the most basic Woodsman one could buy, but there was a lot of fun in that package!

Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts