Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Someone very close to me had been working on a book titled 'Colt's Model "O" .22 Caliber Automatic Pistols'. This book has been in the process of being published for over 10 years. Thru a series of most unfortunate and tragic events I find myself in the position of being the only person left to finish it. I am now in a position to focus on finishing this project - and finish it I will! The text is complete and mostly edited. A few more hurdles and it will be complete for the most part.

What is the interest level in this book?
I'm just curious as to how many will be looking for this information. IMG_2002.JPG IMG_2003.JPG

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very interested in multiple copies. Remember seeing one of the pictured Aces in Portland many years ago. Please finish the work and include the conversion units as well.
Thank you in advance for your efforts.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Very much needed book for many of us that enjoy the .22 pistols and Conversions units. While there are some incredible reference books written about 1911 style pistols, none of them provide much information about the .22's. Judging by the hefty premiums these items sell for I'd think there would be a fairly strong collector interest in the book.
Hope to see it soon!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I was asking member Stan3 a few weeks ago if he knew anything about the progress of that book. I'm glad you have taken it on and I look forward to owning a copy.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I love gun books and would buy a copy. There is nothing out there in published book form that concentrates just on the .22 Colt autos. I think I can speak for many in saying that we like to see lots of things like serial number charts, production numbers and a lot of good quality photos, preferably in color.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Talked to two Colt collecting friends. Both are very interested in purchasing this book. One said, 22lr Colt collectors also need a better reference for our Woodsman models. All of us agreed.

·
Premium Member
10,223 Posts
Ted didn't talk to me, but I would buy the book anyway....LOL

IMG_2002.JPG

Are you happy to see me.....
or is that a real banana...
IMG_1987.JPG

Reactions: Blackjack33
1 - 14 of 14 Posts