Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt\'s \"Strike\"(In 1980\'s)and, \"Bankruptcy\" years?

1)What specific years(From begining to end?)in the 1980's, did Colt's "Strike" years, take place?

2)What specific years(From begining to end?)did Colt's "Bankruptcy" take place(And, was this also, in the 1980's?)?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: Colt\'s \"Strike\"(In 1980\'s)and, \"Bankruptcy\" years?

Colt employees that were members of the UAW went on strike in 1986. The strike continued into 1990. During this time there were replacement workers handling the normal tasks of everyday production. It is widely accepted that during this time of strike, the quality of Colts products were on the decline.

This was one of the longest running strikes in American history at that time. The strike and/or decline of Colts quality during this timeframe may have mitigated the US military awarding contracts for M16's to FN.

Someone else can take a stab at question # 2.

[This message has been edited by WS23 (edited 01-25-2005).]

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yikes! Even though it has been said that each individual gun, must be evaluated on it's own "Merits", I'm wondering now, if it would be "Wise" for me to buy the(NIB) Python, that was built during this time frame(1986-1988 approximately?)that I'm already in the process of buying?

·
Registered
794 Posts

Short answer to #2:

The filed for Chapter 11 in 1992. Sometime in 1994 the company was purchased by Zilkha & Co.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts