Colt Forum banner

Combat Stallion

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tim Phillips 
#1 ·
Hello all, new to the forum. I have a pistol I've been looking for information on for quite some time. I saw this in the used rack at a local gun shop, went home and tried to find it in Fjestadt's, Gun trader's guide etc... and found nothing. Since I couldn't find it, I thought it might be worth something and went back the next day and bought it. I've since asked questions on the "Colt Autos" web page and couldn't get an answer. I've never seen another one like it, seems no one I know has either... Here goes
This is an officer's model sized 1911 in .45 ACP with alloy frame and stainless slide. The left side of slide is marked "Colt Combat Stallion" with the rampant colt logo. The right side of slide is marked COLT (in big letters) combat .45 stallion (in small letters). Left side of frame is marked Colts P.T. F.A. MFG. CO. HARTFORD, CONN. USA Just below this is the serial # CCS231. It came with 2 barrels, a BAR STO match barrel and the factory barrel. It has a tapered bushing. It has hard rubber grips with the Colts logo. Even though it was in the "used" rack, it looks to have been used very little, there's not a scratch on it. I'd like to know when it was made, what it's worth and WHY CAN'T I FIND IT IN ANY REFERENCE BOOK OR ONLINE? I can post pictures if it would help.

Thanks,
Tim

------------------
If I had all the money I ever spent on guns and cars... I'd probably spend it on guns and cars

[This message has been edited by Tim Phillips (edited 05-07-2003).]

See less See more
#3 ·
This picture looks very much like mine EXCEPT mine says "Colt combat stallion" where this one says "Colt silver stallion". Otherwise the two look identical. If the asking price on this gunsamerica piece is reasonable, I got a real good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.