Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at the 2013 Colt catalog and did not see a Blue all steel Commander in 38 Super listed. Did I just miss it? Or does it not exist?

Mjc

·
Registered
785 Posts
Don't think it "exists". The only thing I saw was the Government Model in .38 Super. I bought one of those in April, and it's a great shooter. It would seem that the Combat Commander, in .38 Super, would be a popular gun, but I guess not.

I did find a LWT Commander from Talo, in .38 Super. There are a few of them out there, but very few.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
You are correct. The 2013 catalog does not list a Commander in .38 Super.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
The .38 supers seem to be not included in the current lineup. but I guess Colt made a run of Govt' Models because there were quite a few posted online.
I do not think Colt has made a blued .38 Commander in awhile, but the XSE LWT Commander was available for several years. I think Talo had a run of blued version of the XSE made.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gosh, the last time I remember seeing a brand-new Commander or Combat Commander Model in .38 Super for sale at the local gun shop was in 1998. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago. Anyway, it was an old-roll-mark 1991A1 with a CJ serial number prefix. Supposedly it was a limited production pistol even then, but I never heard the quantity that was made (if anyone has information on this edition I'd appreciate hearing it). It struck me as a good-looking pistol. The price at the time was $489.99.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts