Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commando \'special\' advertized as a Commando

The hang tag says Commando special but nowhere in the auction is Commando special mentioned. Buyer beware, they are far from being the same gun.

Commando Special

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Commando \'special\' advertized as a Commando

This is funny. The same seller is selling this 'for real' Commando and has Commando special on the hang tag.

A real Commando

·
Registered
75 Posts

Uh, they seem to be the same gun. Look at the serial number in each example. Also,I can't find that particular range of numbers anywhere in the listings. I looked in Cobra, Agent, Aircrewman, DS and PPS.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Where did you find this from? I can't seem to find anything on D-frames made after the late 1970's. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ooops, I posted the same link. Here's the real pre-war Commando. Many differences can now be seen.

Pre-war Commando

·
Registered
794 Posts

gerhard1, I have my own database of S/N's. It is not complete by any means, nor does it cover all models for all years.

We all know that there is no published S/N data past the mid 80's. So, as my collection grew to include multiple examples of the same model, I have been able to peice together broad date ranges based on guns in my collection.

This is also how I am able to provide some folks with DOM for modern guns, like the forum member who had a modern Anaconda and wanted to date it.

Still the best way to obtain a DOM for any Colt is to call the manufacturer directly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts