Colt Forum banner

301 - 320 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
If memory serve's me correctly, some leather craftsman was making reproduction's of Heck Thomas's holster. A fine looking fish scale carved holster. I read a great magazine article about his life a few year's back. I think it was in True West. This lawman lead quite a life! They don't make men like him anymore!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Rick Bachman stuff is the top's! This spring I'm going to order his double loop 1911 holster for a full size Colt. Look's like a 1920's Texas style holster.

·
Registered
216 Posts
A bit late, but I hope you all appreciate!
Colt 44-40 4 3/4” Pearl w/medallions sent to Jimenez, Mexico 1905
Winchester 1873 (factory letter) short rifle w/ new 22A sight shipped to Wm Peck co. 1917

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy

This is fun. Here is a Winchester Model 1873 that left the factory in 1887 and a Colt Bisley that shipped in 1909. Both are chambered for 38-40.

Here is a Winchester Model 1892 that left the factory in 1911, a Colt Police Positive Special that left the factory in 1926, and a Smith and Wesson 32-20 Hand Ejector that left the factory in 1916. All are chambered for 32-20 (32WCF)

I'll dig around and see if I can find any photos of 44-40 rifles and revolvers together.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here are my great grandfathers guns that went to my grandfather, then my dad and just recently to myself. A Winchester model 1873 from 1885 and a Colt Frontier Six Shooter from 1891 both in .44-40. They both have some wear on them, from what my dad said they were two of my grandfathers favorite guns and he used to shoot them often. Neither one has been fired since my father received them, however I was thinking if I could find the right ammo I would like to fire them at least once.

·
Registered
18 Posts
keep in mind that these are black powder guns
I was told you could shoot modern loads through the Winchester as long as they weren’t high pressure or copper plated? I don’t know much about these old firearms so any advice would be greatly appreciated as they have been in the family a long time and I don’t want to mess anything up. I want to pass them along to my son’s some day.

301 - 320 of 331 Posts