Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 3" DS is one of my favorites. Last weekend I was able to "complete" my collection of the model line with the addition of a 2nd Issue (Long Grip Frame) 3" blue example. Guns from left to right are as follows.

1963 2nd Issue in Blue
1964 2nd Issue in Nickel
1967 3rd Issue in Blue
1966 3rd Issue in Nickel with Hammer Shroud
1982 4th Issue in Blue
1982 4th Issue in Nickel

All are complete with original serial number matching boxes (except for the '64 Nickel which has no box, RATS...).

The hunt continues for my elusive 3" Unicorn, the 4th Issue "E-Nickel" Detective Special. That is, if one even exists. I know the 2" version was offered through the Colt Custom Shop in the '81 to '82 time frame. but I have yet to confirm the existence of ANY produced with the 3" barrel. As per a recent email from our good friend Paul (Colt Archive Dept.), he has never documented one...

IMG_5484.JPG IMG_5486.JPG

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Great collection...very impressive to say the least.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Outstanding lineup!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Wow!!! that is extremely impressive. Thanks for sharing. Best of luck in tracking down that unicorn.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: krag96

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suppose you have a 3" Police Positive Special to go with these. If not, I have one in original box.
But of course... Unfired, NIB & lettered 3" PPS with nickel finish and factory Hammer Shroud.
IMG_5445.JPG

·
Registered
377 Posts
The 3" DS is one of my favorites. Last weekend I was able to "complete" my collection of the model line with the addition of a 2nd Issue (Long Grip Frame) 3" blue example. Guns from left to right are as follows.

1963 2nd Issue in Blue
1964 2nd Issue in Nickel
1967 3rd Issue in Blue
1966 3rd Issue in Nickel with Hammer Shroud
1982 4th Issue in Blue
1982 4th Issue in Nickel

All are complete with original serial number matching boxes (except for the '64 Nickel which has no box, RATS...).

The hunt continues for my elusive 3" Unicorn, the 4th Issue "E-Nickel" Detective Special. That is, if one even exists. I know the 2" version was offered through the Colt Custom Shop in the '81 to '82 time frame. but I have yet to confirm the existence of ANY produced with the 3" barrel. As per a recent email from our good friend Paul (Colt Archive Dept.), he has never documented one...

View attachment 465786 View attachment 465794
We have a 3" nickel DS that was made in 1984 in out next auction. The auction catalog should be online within 2 weeks. It is at Morphy Auction Co.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I suppose you have a 3" Police Positive Special to go with these. If not, I have one in original box.
Love to see pics of yours...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts