Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They're Back!!! Complete Colt M4 marked lower receivers- Heads Up!

Brownell's has them on sale for $250. They are still available on Back Order.- 11/10/17

As of 5/11/18 they are on sale again for $269.95. Brownell's has been all over the place on the pricing of these lately.
They range from $399 -(no bargain)to the current flash sale price of $269.95. One should stock up on these as another "Black Swan" type event could occur at any time, then these will disappear....

Reactions: ei8ht and Dr.Rob

·
Registered
60 Posts
the one I ordered yesterday showed as shipped today.

Thanks for the heads up, cause I really needed yet another ar :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
At that price I had to get one. My FFL says it has arrived. Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow or this weekend. I will try to remember and post some pics.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Oh I want to I am just looking at a spendy jeep repair right now. Won't know til Tuesday of so if I can swing it.

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Colt Defense hasn't been around as an entity for awhile now. Were those receivers sitting on a shelf and recently been found?

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hope you can swing it, only wish I could afford a few more! Picked mine up today, a couple of pics as promised. H buffer, 2 position stock.
Congrats of your new Colt lower half.

Something that's not the same as the 6920 lowers are the CR serial number prefix and the two position receiver extension.

Colt had the two position receiver extensions on their civilian and law enforcement carbines between 1985 and around 1998, before Colt Defense was created in 2002.

You could probably replace the buffer tube to your preference if you want to or just keep it as is.

What are the hammer and trigger pins sizes, small mil-spec 0.154" or the oversized 0.170"?

If you don't have any measuring instrument, just put your firing pin in the hole, if it wobbles it's large hole, if snug then it's small hole size.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Small pins, this is a newer style lower. My mistake 4 position buffer tube.
The lower is roll marked, but the serial number appears to be engraved.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only downside to them (which I didn't realize when I ordered it, but oh well, still nice enough), you can't use a dias in one of these. Suppose that has been going on for a while with Colt, but just didn't realize that they had turned that PC again. :(

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I really wish we could buy these here in CT. I would buy a few. Made 15 minutes away yet I/we can never have one. We have to pay rediculous sums of money to buy 24+ year old ones. Ain't right I tell you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ordered one yesterday after contemplating since the sale started. Always room for one more I guess. I'll report back with how mine looks when it gets here. I'm sure it will be fine. Not looking for a safe queen on this one. I like working rifles. I like Colts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got home from my FFL with mine. Looks great ! The grip was grey from the mold release agent. 2 quick mists of WD40 and it’s perfect. Finish looks really good for a Colt Lower actually. Typical flashing in trigger well and blackstrap. Same as any 6920 I’ve ever seen. The Rollmark is missing about 1/4 of the “O” in Colt. All other lettering is perfect. I think I’ll survive. I checked fit to a new 6940 upper I just got and pinned up like; well like it’s supposed to. Very slight wiggle between upper and lower. H buffer. 4 position stock. Proper clean castle nut staking. Better than average trigger too for some reason. Just a little better. Came packed in a good fitting factory Colt box for receivers. I give it a GTG guys. Great deal.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts