Colt Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hayes, That is a fine pistol. I carried one for a while but it was just a tad wide for my not so large hand to feel comfortable with. I have been looking for a P245 which I carried on the job for a while. It is an older model and a lot thinner, no rails like the modern ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
S&W 442. 38 spl, 5 shot, no hammer to snag. I drop it in my jacket pocket or in the front pocket of my Levis. It's loaded with Speer Gold Dots made for snub nose barrels. In my front pocket its inside of an Uncle Mikes holster.
I do the exact same but also trade off carry with a 340sc or sometimes both at once.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm with dinooch! Seem to,always go for my J frame S&WMODEL 36. Love my colt commanders but for ease and comfort I usually go with this one with the bobbed hammer.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have several "Carry Guns" Most Often Carried is a Talo Edition Ruger LCP .380 others are a S&W Model 60-7 in .38,A S&W 3913 9mm,A DAO HK USP 9mm,& a Colt Stainless Officer's ACP in .45 ACP,All except the LCP are Carried in IWB Holsters,LCP is Carried in a Pocket Holster.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Picked up a slightly used Wiley Clapp Commander to use for edc. Not original sights, but works for me. I have an original in the safe.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hayes, That is a fine pistol. I carried one for a while but it was just a tad wide for my not so large hand to feel comfortable with. I have been looking for a P245 which I carried on the job for a while. It is an older model and a lot thinner, no rails like the modern ones.
Blademan I see your point I have large meathooks so the P220 works for me. I carried a P228 for duty with AFOSI for more than 20 years so the P220 Carry Elite was a natural choice for me when I retired-and it fits in all that leather I bought along the way!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I tried to carry a P220 for a while and had to give up. I had 2 iwb holsters for it and with each, by the time I got out to my truck, I would go back in to take it off. The muzzle must have been on a nerve or something because the pain would make me sick.

The P220 I had was accurate at 25 and 50 yards. At the time, I also had a 1991A1. At 25 yards, the 220 would out shoot the Colt by a good margin. At 50 yards, they would be neck and neck. At 100 yards, with the Colt, I could keep most in the center torso area on a B27 target. With the 220, I never could even find the paper. Go figure.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would prefer to carry a Colt.
But until Colt builds the Mustang in 9mm or a similar sized pistol I will stick with my Sig P938.
(she wears a Crimsontrace now as the laser Sig provides is crap)

·
Registered
176 Posts
In the last 41 years I have carried numerous guns but all were Colt or S&W. I recently bought a Smith PC round butt Commander that I was planning to use for daily carry. It just doesn't have the right name on it so it will come out to play at the range on occasion. I carry a Colt New Agent or a LW Government Model when I am wearing enough clothes. The rest of the time it is either a Colt Cobra or an Agent.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I carried a full size Sig P220 on the job for many years. I switched to the P245 because it was a better fit in a suit. Both guns were tack drivers. When I retired I bought the Carry Elite, not realizing that is was wider because of the rails. My previous Sigs did not have rails, and were slimmer. The Carry Elite would not fit any of my leather because it was wider.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Nothing exotic with me, usualy just this old s&w model 40. In better weather my thing is riding the trails on a atv then I usualy take a converted s&w HD to .44 special or a old s&w m&p.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts