Colt Forum banner

Conceal Carry Guns

11K views 87 replies 67 participants last post by  William B. 
#1 ·
I'm just curious as to what Colt members use for their conceal carry? Colts or others? Semi-Autos or Revolvers?

#10 ·
I like a colt Cobra except for the 'hammer snag' issue. The hammerless airweight S&W's are nice, I have one in 32 H&R magnum. Its weight, loaded, is very reasonable.
If you carry a Colt and don't have one with a hammer shroud, here is a tip . Don't bob the hammer ,just cover the hammer with your thumb and it won't snag on anything. Here is another tip. avoid the "tactical advice " of nitwits. You know the idiots who tell you to carry a 17 shot grapefruit grip polymer pistol in a iwb holster ,attached to a roof shingle. these are people who live in a dangerous fantasy world ,where no one works in normal clothes, and will be shooting it out with armed gangs at the mall. I have carried a handgun in the real world ,so here is my advice. Get a quality 2 inch Colt D frame or second choice a Smith J frame and carry it in pocket holster. load it with corbon 158 lhp ,and live long and prosper. Another good alternative ,that is in my pocket as I type this is a Mustang Pocketlite 380. You should get a discount on you life insurance policy if you own one of these. For the chance of a more imminent threat , like atrip to the bank oo taking something out of a safety deposit box ,a compact 45 like the Defender or a 9 mm S&W 3913. Flat guns with spare ammo ,andyou don't have to dress up in camo or a tactical vest. As one of my old Martial arts instructors told me . "there a guys with theories ,and guys who win fights" He was the best black belt I ever trained with,never saw him lose ,and was never hit by anybody harder

#7 ·
Up until the rise of the plastic Glock's I carried a number of handguns at various times, including Detective Specials, a number of Combat Commanders, Officer's ACP's, S&W Model 66's, Walther PPK/s' when I couldn't carry a larger gun for some reason, and a good number of other brands and type pistols.

The guns I finally settled on are a S&W Model 66 with the rare 3 inch barrel, which I seldom carry anymore, and my main CCW gun for the last 10 years or more, a Kahr Arms stainless K9.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Product

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

#12 ·
Myself, it's Colts. Always Colts. FL weather dictates clothing wear, as do potential situations. Usually I carry a short-barreled PPS, but today's temp is only in the 60s and I could easily hide an Officers LW ACP in heavier clothing. Pocket holsters do rather nicely here, too. Wifey carries a S&W Lady Smith .38 Spec in her purse. Wild horses couldn't pry that away from her. If you haven't decided for yourself yet, SleepyD, be sure to try various combinations 'til you're comfy. No need to be hasty.

Reactions: rickb2202
#13 ·
I carry the one that I'm most familiar with, always goes bang when I pull the trigger and is literally an extension of my hand when it clears the holster. It's as accurate a firearm as I've ever owned and while it does have a bit of creep in SA mode I find it helpful. While I occassionally carry a LW Commander or a DS, this handgun has been with me as long as I've had a carry license and always ends up on my belt. It's a SIG P239 9mm and we're a team.

#17 ·
Over the years, various and sundry this, that and the other thing.

This is always with me. Always.....

#23 ·
I carry Smiths and Colts mainly, but I have used other guns as well. Presently I carry a Smith 325 "Night Guard" in .45 ACP. Of course my model 60 is always on my carry list. I have added a Browning Hi-Power and a Colt Mustang to the list just qualified this week with them. But, I have carried my DB, and Python both 2 1/2 inchers. My Cobra, and a couple 1911 Colts. I have carried Sigs as well.

#24 ·
Small, lightweight and extremely easy to conceal, I'm never without my Ruger LCP .380 with Crimson Trace. Hundreds of rounds through it and not one "stovepipe". It's not the most powerful but dependable and accurate. Also like my S&W 60 with Crimson Trace and 1st version Colt Mustang Pocketlite.

#25 ·
My main carry piece is a Colt Pocket Nine in a Don Hume IWB H715. My other is a 1983 Govt, Model .380 in a like Don Hume IWB
H715. When only the very best is only good enough, it's a Colt protecting me. Just my humble opinion, yours could vary.

#26 ·
Well I guess I have tried to cc just about everything I have ever owned, Browning hipower, Colt Combat Commander, Colt model M, S&W 442, M&P, and a laundry list of junkers like Lorcian, Davis, and various other pieces of scrap iron. About seven years ago I started carrying a Colt Mustang in my right pocket with an extra magazine in my other pocket. I only weigh 150 lbs and it is fairly warm here most of the time, so it works well for me.

#28 · (Edited)
Let me be the first to represent Beretta on this thread. I have carried this Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Type F in 9mm since obtaining my CCL 4yrs ago. Made in Italy, and employs the rotating barrel system (3.2inch). I have extensively trained with this gun and it has had thousands of rounds through it and shows no wear. I use an IWB holster.

Loaded with Federal 124gr HST +P rounds.

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.