Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concealed carry etiquette during terrorist or "active" shooter event (HUMOR)

Last weekend sat through my concealed carry course (I know, should have done it 10 yrs ago). While we were waiting at the range the group were visiting and noticing how polite everyone was on a busy range day. Carrying that politeness further (with humor injected), what rules should there be in the event of an active shooter event in heartland america. It really got funny (you had to be there). Here are the dozen I remember. Feel free to add rules, edit or comment.

Polite rules for concealed carry members during mass shooting event.
1. Theatres - If the active shooter is in a theatre, let the front rows shoot first (they’re closer)
2. Restaurants - If a mass shooter shows up in a restaurant, duck down if you left your gun in the car and give the other armed neighbors a clear shot. Closest person to shooter has right of way.
3. Honoring — No more than three shooters returning fire per terrorist (this is flexible)
4. Reloading — All initial citizens returning fire should duck when empty or reloading to allow those ready to fire behind you. Be careful when popping up after a reload (no friendly fire incidents)
5. Glock magazines - All Glock magazines are interchangeable except the 43, if you are passing ammo to another Glock owner please don’t pass yours if you have a single stack 43
6. Ammo size - If you are carrying anything under a 9mm, consider giving up your priority shooting position is a known group member with a larger caliber. It is your responsibility to know what caliber ammo each of your party is packing.
7. Be practical - If the person next to you is getting hits, pass your weapon to him (or her).
8. Ejected shells - Ladies, the ejected cartridges while carry owners are returning fire will drop in any open area including your shirt. It is a good idea to zip up your jacket. If you have a hot shell that you can’t get out, ask the gentleman next to you he will gladly help out.
9. Casings - Shooters, all ejected shells should be left and not collected for reloading as the police need the evidence to sort out what’s left of the mass shooter wannabe.
10. Competition shooters - SAAS and IPSC shooters do not have to wait for the timer signal to return fire, the surveillance tape has timestamps and you will get scored.
11. Police reports - are final. No contesting shot source and placement on terrorist autopsy report.
12. Know your firearm - It is your responsibility to have a record of your firearm serial number. When everybody puts their guns down after the police shows up, one Ruger looks just like the next.

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
:)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
How about; Try to avoid firing next to your friends ear, he needs to be able hear the "Seize Fire" call when the bad guy has been well holed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Please add, "challenge met, score stands, no refire!"

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
13. For bystanders who are unarmed and not actively engaged in the firefight, it is considered "bad form" to chase empty brass while shots are still being exchanged. Triple penalty for chasing ejected magazines.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I find it a sad day on the Colt Forum when the word humor is used in the same sentence with an active shooting situation by terrorists. Certainly I have engaged in dark humor in the past and will likely do so in the future, but there is a time and place for it. This just doesn't seem like the right time or place.

Is there a Dislike Button?

John Gross

Reactions: gvf

·
Registered
758 Posts
For those carrying "The Judge", NO buckshot please until all shooters on the frontline have returned to their seats...........

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Not to take the fun out of the thread, but someone familiar with all the recommendations of what to do in an Active Shooter crisis maybe could post them for all.

There are so many nowadays it'd be a help to all to know what to do IF; I don't know well myself and I'd like to be sure about it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not to take the fun out of the thread, but someone familiar with all the recommendations of what to do in an Active Shooter crisis maybe could post them for all.

There are so many nowadays it'd be a help to all to know what to do IF; I don't know well myself and I'd like to be sure about it.
Without taking the fun out of the thread, here´s what the french are supposed to do in an active shooter crisis.

1- run away
-if possible, help the others
-don´t expose yourself
-tell others what happen

2- hide
-no TV, light or noise
-stay away from windows
-take refuge behind a wall
-mute the tone and vibrator

3-alert and obey
-don´t run to the police
-keep your hands up and open

Now You can laugh with something serious!!!

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
I find it a sad day on the Colt Forum when the word humor is used in the same sentence with an active shooting situation by terrorists. Certainly I have engaged in dark humor in the past and will likely do so in the future, but there is a time and place for it. This just doesn't seem like the right time or place. Is there a Dislike Button? John Gross
Lotta ex-cops/military here, and this type of humor helped us to maintain our sanity. What you might not want to hear is medical examiners as they perform an autopsy.

Truthfully, we are in a dangerous age of uncontrolled criminals, mental health patients and (you know what else). I think that, as a baseline, some of us are all just a bit more tense each time one of these things goes down. This is a pressure relief valve for those who need it.

Reactions: David13

·
Administrator
7,271 Posts
Lotta ex-cops/military here, and this type of humor helped us to maintain our sanity. What you might not want to hear is medical examiners as they perform an autopsy.

Truthfully, we are in a dangerous age of uncontrolled criminals, mental health patients and (you know what else). I think that, as a baseline, some of us are all just a bit more tense each time one of these things goes down. This is a pressure relief valve for those who need it.
I hadn't considered this viewpoint . Thanks for sharing . We're going to give Jim the last word though .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.