Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an opportunity to acquire a Colt 1851 Navy-Navy purchase which is consecutively numbered to the one I own. I was not looking for another 1851 but I am told this would add value to both pieces. I am not into collecting for profit but would be interested in opinions.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
original

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
You'll kick yourself later on if you don't get it. Not too many guys have consec numbered guns of any kind, let alone 150+ year old ones. It will add a lot of value if you ever sell (as a pair). I'd do it.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
I have to agree. If you can afford it, do it. I can't imagine you would ever regret it. PLEASE post photos if you acquire the revolver.

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
I found a Colt Model 1911 pistol consecutive to one I already owned. No pictures so I ordered it with a three day inspection. Sure glad I did as mine was 97/98% original finish, and the one consecutive to mine might have been 10% original finish with some bad repairs. It did nothing for mine so I returned it.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I asked a noted Colt collector and dealer his opinion was that since they are military there would not be as much interest as there would be in civilian Navy's.

Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts