Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Leave your Thread, just correct the title - you can do that in the 'Go Advanced' mode in 'edit'.

But hey, if the old Colt has good timing and lock-up and bore, then that is a good or plenty-good-enough deal for this day and age.

Original Stocks, used ones, in good-enough condition, are not all that hard to find, and often can be had for like $40.00 or so at gun shows or on gunbroker or ebay...just takes a little patience and a good eye. You do not need NOS or minty perfect Stocks, just Original and used but not abused ones which will look right for that Revolver.

Going by the image, the Revolver does look pretty nice all round, with thin and worn original finish, and no signs of abuse or rust or battering.

Or just leave the Stocks it has on it and have fun!

Edit - I thought there was a price of like $525.00 associated with this Colt, and now I re-read the Thread and I see no mention of that.

Ooops...

Value then?

Assuming all is good mechanically? Good Bore?

In my opinion - it would sell into the mid 5s on GB or at most Gun Shows.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
If the guts are as good as the finish that 1917 is worth the $525. Does that one have the stepped clyinder. The very first ones didnt. You need moon clips with those. Can get away without clips on the ones that have the step, still got to poke out the emptys with a pencil or something. Really are the best off with auto rim cases.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me, nice pistol with charactor. I have been thinking of getting a New Service or Colt 1917 and that price looks right.

Good Luck

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts