Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those "in the know", the finest Python trigger work ever done was by the legendary Reeves Jungkind.

A Jungkind tuned Colt was and still is a treasure that shooters and collectors fight over.

I've found some recent contact info for him, BUT, I'm not sure he's still working.

For those wanting the ABSOLUTE best possible Python, you might contact him and ask if he's still working.

DO NOT put this off if you're interested.
Jungkind is the last and greatest of the few Python tuners, and who knows how much longer he'll continue, if he hasn't already quit.

A Jungkind Python is absolutely glass smooth, with NO Colt "stacking".

Reeves Jungkind
509 E Granite St
Llano, TX 78643-3055
(325) 247-1151

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Did he mark his work? i.e. Is there any way to tell if one has one of his modified guns?

I'm not sure what you mean by "stacking".

·
Registered
937 Posts
"Stacking" refers to the fact that when a Colt V mainspring is compressed during double action, the trigger pull tends to increase.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Did Mr. Jungkind ever work for Colt? Meaning is it possible that a Colt Custom Shop Python could have been tuned by him already?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jungkind never worked for Colt. I think he was a DPS cop in Texas.

He usually put his name on guns he tuned, I "remember"???
as the stamp being under the grips.

I'm a retired Master watchmaker/gunsmith/custom holster maker/whatever needed doing.
I specialized in Colt DA revolver re-timing and repairs.

No BS, if Jungkind is still working, this would be like finding out that Armand Swenson, Bob Chow, or P.O. Ackley was still working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had Mr. Jungkind do a Python of my dad's about a year and a half ago, before he moved from Austin. He is retired, and so he does not want a lot of work. He will not work on any thing other than Pythons, and will not touch one that has been worked on before. I think he charged $250.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Walt Sherman Python, which is in the same class. Sherman was the armorer for the Florida Hwy Patrol when they issued Pythons! He is definitely still in business, and can be found in Florida.
His roller sear also removes the stacking and produces a sweet DA pull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts