Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this 1903 hammerless .32 for about 3 months now. It has been refinished. Initially it jammed about every 3rd round. I purchased a new magazine and it worked perfectly for about 50 rounds. Then the jamming resumed. I returned to the gunshop and they polished the feed ramp. I continued to experience the jamming but the gunsmith did not; said I was "limp wristing" it. Went to a different gunsmith who thought it was the magazine. He saw that the new one I purchased had a barely visible dent he thought was affecting the feed and he replaced the spring in the original factory mag. Next time at the range, 50 rounds using the mag with new spring and not a problem; I was so pleased. Yesterday I went back to the range and it exhibited the same old jamming pattern! Any opinions on why this pistol is so inconsistant? I have about decided it is not the gun for me and I should trade.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If it were my mine I would replace the recoil spring and the hammer spring. The hammer and recoil springs determine the how the slide moves and picks the round out of the magazine. Magazine, recoil, and hammer springs work together to feed the chamber. You might need a 'smith the change the hammer spring, the model M is not simple to take apart past feild strip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts