Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this in my dad's garage rafters. My grandfather was a member of the 2nd armored division and I found these posters summarizing their contribution to defeating the axis of evil.

·
Registered
420 Posts
We kicked their Nazi ass!!!! God bless our troops then and now. Freedom isn't free, it cost lives. Very nice poster. Hi Julie!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I wouldn't put the original up in the house. If I were you I'd bring to the local printers who have the large sized scanners and have them make a high resolution scan of it. Then you can have the copy up in the house. The non-replaceable original can then be kept where it won't be exposed to light and the environment which will cause the colors to fade.

Our family has a bunch of watercolor paintings that my Grandfather made while serving at Luzon and Guadacanal which are definitely irreplaceable.

Very nice find,
Dave

·
Registered
220 Posts
Awesome find, and I agree with Dave on having a copy made to display. Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a roll of them, probably 7-8 of them in the roll. I will probably keep an original framed under UV protectant glass or the like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts