·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so - I got one of his last copies from him in 2009. But PM him at COLTDAGUY and ask.

Buck

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
DSC01388.jpg
I have located a source for Bob Best's out-of-print book, A Study of Colt's New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers, 1889 to 1908. They are priced at ~$200, but that's not bad for this book.

Gun Show Books -- STUDY OF COLT'S NEW ARMY AND NAVY PATTERN DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVERS 1889 - 1908

They only have 4 or 5, so don't wait if you want one.

I have no financial interest in these, just trying to help some fellow collectors.

Buck

Hi Guys! .... A number of you have contacted me about getting a copy of my book "A Study of Colt's New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers 1889-1908" ... As you all know the book has been sold out for several months and it seems that when a copy does become available it is pretty pricey. So I have decided to make a VERY LIMITED print run to get copies back into collectors hands. Because this is a VERY LIMITED RUN the costs for publishing the book are higher. The NEW price for each book is $100 to cover those costs. That's a lot better than the $250 to $400 that I have seen them going for on the internet. The books are available now from:

JIM BATEMAN at SHANDRA BOOKS.
Jim can be reached at (925) 260-9025
His email is [email protected]

For any of you attending the Antique Collector Arms Show January 17th-19th in Las Vegas, Jim will have my book available for sale there as well as thru his book business...

Thank you all for your interest in my book!

I wish you all GREAT Collecting! :)

Have a Great Day!
Bob Best

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 49472

Hi Guys! .... A number of you have contacted me about getting a copy of my book "A Study of Colt's New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers 1889-1908" ... As you all know the book has been sold out for several months and it seems that when a copy does become available it is pretty pricey. So I have decided to make a VERY LIMITED print run to get copies back into collectors hands. Because this is a VERY LIMITED RUN the costs for publishing the book are higher. The NEW price for each book is $100 to cover those costs. That's a lot better than the $250 to $400 that I have seen them going for on the internet. The books are available now from:

JIM BATEMAN at SHANDRA BOOKS.
Jim can be reached at (925) 260-9025
His email is [email protected]

For any of you attending the Antique Collector Arms Show January 17th-19th in Las Vegas, Jim will have my book available for sale there as well as thru his book business...

Thank you all for your interest in my book!

I wish you all GREAT Collecting! :)

Have a Great Day!
Bob Best
Bob,

Any chance of another reprint? If not and someone was to pay big bucks for a book in circulation, which would be the better buy - a first printing or a later printing?

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts