Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 320 of 394 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I had some work to do at my mothers place yesterday and dropped in to see her. Now, she is elderly and handicapped (with polio that was mentioned earlier), can hardly walk anymore and aside from Dr.'s appointments, rarely leaves the house. I walk in and she sees me and starts crying. She is scared to death that she's gonna get this and die. I spent half an hour re-assuring her that she was in the best, safest place she could be (her home) and told her that she was gonna be alright. What else was I supposed to do? She watches the news (I told her a week ago to go back to Gunsmoke) and The View and thinks it's only a matter of time. She's also, like me, worried about our small local community. Here, we are made up entirely of small business's, and they're starting to feel the hurt. Much more of this and some (perhaps most) will be gone for good and I hate to see it. That was my point from last night when I kinda lost my temper. The long term effects may be worse than the short term. Everyone must do what they think is best for them and their families, if that's staying put then by all means do it. Some of us can't though, and we have to remain upbeat, not let this virus beat us mentally otherwise the battle is lost. And with that I'll leave :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well now that Prince Charles has it we will see how he does. The Prince is in the high risk group and will be getting only the best of care. One to watch for sure.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I don’t profess to be an all knowing sage, however I have lived through WW11 as a kid and I have retained a lot more than I thought about those times. My mom would send me off to the local grocery/butcher shop with ration stamps and a ration stamp booklet and the amount of meat, coffee etc. was all kept in that stamp booklet that would let you know just how much you would be allocated on the next trip. I can remember not being able to travel much because of gas rationing and the trips to my Uncle’s farm were not possible back then. My parents were born in 1900 so they lived through some hard times including the depression era and because of that we as kids were not allowed to waste any food, even if it took you until bed time to finish it. I cringe at what my grandkids and great grandkids leave on their plates. Maybe from time to time we all need some technical adjustments to our life styles. Good luck to all – I think that we are going to need it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Our governor in WI just closed the state starting tomorrow to all non essential businesses! My buddy owns a gun shop and says he has to close as of now. Saw some other posts that looks like same thing already happened in Ohio, but they classify gun shop as essential. Nonetheless, sound like the next few days the whole country we will be walking a slippery slope. Glad my 2020 Python is self quarantined in the safe!!! Personally I feel this is a GIANT government overreach!! But opinions are like, well you know the rest...
Gun stores in NJ are still closed, ranges too since Sunday. A lawsuit has been filed against the state by NJ2A.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Day 2 in Pflugerville. Son and I washed the vette. What a difference Chemical Guys Tire Trim Gel makes on the rear lower black valence.*

Enjoy. Tomorrow tackling wife's 2012 suburban

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Southern CA,check in lol. Some people in my senior community have written to the head honcho in charge here,wanting their maintenance fees that they pay monthly for up keep of the property because all the clubhouses and activities are shut down! Really makes me laugh,his
response was nice but basically told them to get lost. Pete

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Ohio is a "shelter in place" State but we still are able to get out.We took the long way to get some takeout food at a restaurant in Lewisburg, Ohio and drove down some isolated roads we had never been on. Stopped to take a picture of this old wood covered bridge we had never seen before (built in 1894 and still used). As we were milling about and 5 minutes later, guess what came over the bridge? The fellow slowed enough, thinking we might be having car problems and I quickly peppered him with questions. It's a '41 military Willies jeep! He said it served its' WW2 time on an Army Airforce base in Ohio. Oh, and the sloppy dressed guy standing in front of the jeep is me!Kim

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just got my copy of The Texas Rangers and the Mexican Revolution today - based upon the recommendation of the good folks here. I also got the latest issue of True West magazine, which is featuring Jesse James, always a fascinating character to read about.

I am almost done with Teddy Roosevelts "The Rough Riders" which I picked up at the NRA museum a couple weeks ago. A great book. That man really cared about his men.

So if nothing else, I am finally able to get some reading in. I am really looking forward to this Texas Ranger book. Been scanning the pictures, and it is worth it for them alone.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am kinda hoping that people use this down time to reflect on our lives and when we start up again we turn this into a positive for all of us. The world has changed and now it's going to be what we as individuals do as Americans to keep our values.
I'm pretty sure I'll have most of the house and barns to do list completed. I'm reflecting on how much work I've bitten off around this place.
Switched all my flouresent lamp fixtures in the storage garage to electronic ballasts today.
My knees feel it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
So Cal in the Mojave Desert on acres..

I'm retired and the wife's work is paying her to stay home. She's studying to finish off a degree and I'm.

Playing with my tractors
Reading
Practicing guitar and I really would be great but I have absolutely no talent.
Going to cabin farther out in desert.
Going camping even farther out where only the military flies and no on the ground near me for miles.
Target shooting while camping.
Enjoying myself while avoiding everyone but the wife.

301 - 320 of 394 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.