Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
381 - 394 of 394 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Regarding the Kung Flu tests, I occurred to me that I haven't heard anyone with statistics about false positives and false negatives
I was thinking about that too. Since the symtems mirror the regular flu or even the common cold, how many are coming back positive when just have something common?

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
I've been checking the FL Dept. of Health Dashboard on a regular basis and this afternoon (updated @ 12:00pm) I noticed that yesterday there was just under 3/28: 365 reported cases here, the day before it was over 3/27: 664 and the day before around 3/26: 547.
The reported cases have been steadily rising here but if the case numbers drop again like it did the warmer weather just might help mitigate this epidemic.
This turned out to be wishful thinking this evenings update contradicts this mornings.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Chaffee said:
How does this make sense?? As usual you are a fear monger.
I know hard to read and understand the facts. Nothing to fear. Helpful to understand what is going on and why. Truly sorry you are still in full on panic mode ignoring them.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
This turned out to be wishful thinking this evenings update contradicts this mornings.
This virus is a real lesson in human nature, it's a good lesson. Folks everywhere in the nation are looking at America in a different light now. At first glance you might think fear is running the country but then not enough information causes fear. Too much information and folks will start thinking for themselves. Both are really dangerous attitudes when you can't be sure the information is true.

I look for information daily so I can judge my risk and behavior. I can't find out if it's safe to go to the grocery store but I do because eating keeps me alive. However going to the store to get food may kill me. Catch 22? Its like good media is totally broken.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Regarding the corona virus tests, occurred to me that I haven't heard anyone with statistics about false positives and false negatives
The ongoing data has been pretty specific that there have been a lot of false negatives, when the patients then come back a day or two later and tested positive with the same symptoms. I would think a false positive is of little concern. If one is showing symptoms and tests negative...I suspect the prudent response right now in light of this particular virus is to test again.

The biggest issues being reported around the world is simply not enough testing available.

Pages and pages of legitimate medical reports currently being posted on the Internet filed about the issue of false negatives.

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=228250

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
The media IS broken. Do what you think is best and don't listen to the panty-waists on here or the tv.
If it was just me then I would do as I normally do but I fear for my family. I have lived a long happy life and really don't fear for myself but if things turn ugly then my family will need me.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
If it was just me then I would do as I normally do but I fear for my family. I have lived a long happy life and really don't fear for myself but if things turn ugly then my family will need me.
I've lived a good life too. And if it ends tomorrow, I've got no regrets. I don't fear this virus as many do. I'll take the cards dealt and hope for the best. Things will get better no matter how hard some might try and convince you otherwise. stay safe and take care.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Well, I think its going to be a long,long haul with this pandemic, 6 months at least, when we are able to manufacture our own personal protective gear, masks gloves etc and our own medications and a vaccine (If one can be found) and get it to much of the public- there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. If you have the PPE then you can move about more safely. I won't take a plane for a long while ( Don't like to do that anyway its a pita.) Stay at home limit contact with people etc.

If you look at what is happening in China, 2 million Cell phone accounts down, and they can't make enough funeral urns. (Chicom's are cloaking the truth as usual) You can get a idea of how bad this Wuhan epidemic is at ground zero and consider just how bad it could get to be here.

Damn right I am fearful of it.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
(Chicom's are cloaking the truth as usual)
Ya think? The ChiComs are practiced liars...it's a required part of Communism. There's a biohazard research center in Wuhan and there's been some speculation the virus somehow escaped the facility. The truth will likely never be known...if that's what did happen the ChiCom government will see to it those responsible will be eliminated if not already done so.

·
Administrator
6,983 Posts
The insults WILL STOP whether outright or through insinuation , they WILL STOP . Show some self control please .

Open up a bottle of Hoppe's 9 and take a short whiff ... I actually have a 40 yr old 2oz bottle of the old formula just for this purpose . Something about that older formula (has a sweeter bouquet) ,,, memories .

Guy's it's time to give this topic a rest . I'll reopen it after several of you have relaxed a little .

381 - 394 of 394 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.