Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
My club just closed. That was unexpected as it is a very easy place to keep ones distance from people. My kids and I had planned to take some .22s to the range this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Here is part of an online article I read on The Western Journal. I think Dr Ayyadurai makes some very valid points.

"But what Ayyadurai did say is that some in the government are using the pandemic to frighten people into obedience.

Think about what has transpired in less than a week’s time. We have handed control of nearly everything in our lives to the government.

In many places, they are telling us when we can leave our homes and when we must return to them.
They have decided what events or religious services we can attend, how many people are allowed to be there and which businesses are allowed to stay open.
In the process, the global economy has crashed with the assistance of the media stirring everyone into a mass panic."

Here is the link............ https://www.westernjournal.com/doctor-4-degrees-mit-warns-deep-state-using-coronavirus-fear-mongering-suppress-dissent/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=WJBreaking&utm_campaign=ct-breaking&utm_content=western-journal

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
There is a lot to be learned here for all the opposing factions. This disaster will be a textbook for the deep state and should be for all of us. I just heard my wife's parents are quarantined in California. I didn't get the details but they dont have it. Might be their age. I dont know if it`s everyone in the area or not as a son is bringing them supply's. This is a great way to get everyone`s DNA that`s tested isn't it? My wife just pointed that fact out to me. We/they can learn a lot about how the public reacts to hoarding, complying to curfews etc.
I believe there were less public restrictions durring world war two except for gas rationing.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Even though I just got off the phone with my broker, I'm going to remain optimistic, as he was. It may take awhile though. I didn't participate in y2k or the latest recession. There are some very good deals out there for those with the grapefruits to take advantage. As someone said: "this too shall pass".

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
A week ago when we did our normal grocery trip we stocked up on canned goods, frozen food, canned biscuits, meat and brought our paper products to a monthly level.
I have a whole house propane generator, bottled water, artisan well, 150 gallons of gas and diesel storage and lots to work on within our little 7 acre plot.
Won't panic until threatened.
Hopefully this goes away in 30 days.
That's a normal hurricane season here in Florida.

Some years back we were on a hurricane watch in S. Florida, so I drive out to Albertson's and grab some beer. People had their carts full of water etc., and looked at me, and I replied "hell I've got water, I need some beer"
Canned potatoes (hurricane tators) beans etc.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
OMG! I just heard that Pennsylvania is closing ALL state liquor stores!!:mad:
That should be a huge hit with folks in PA. Glad I don't live there, I can live without toilet paper BUT.......
That doesn't make any sense, unless those stores are usually packed with crowds. I guess I will stock up now in case our gov decides to do the same. A good dose of beer every day keeps the doctor away :cool:

One good thing about being out here in the boonies is there's never a shortage of something to wipe your keester with. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I bought some Royal Caribbean Cruises stock (RCL) last Thursday for about 1/4 of what it was. Just checked and seen I already lost a couple hundred on it!

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
With 50 posts into this thread, that has absolutely nothing to do with guns, we need to acknowledge that Mitch (our fearless leader) has allowed us to express our thoughts on this unprecedented crisis.
On a related note: Has anyone seen a run on ammo/guns. Not me, but I'm not in the market for anything.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
I'm reading about a run on guns and ammunition but haven't witnessed it...but I'm safe in an undisclosed location.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Several of the posts here mentioned Polio epidemics of the 1950's. I can remember getting a Polio shot sometime in the late 50s. How many of the members here remember standing in long lines to get a dose of Polio vaccine on a sugar cube in the early 60's? This discussion made me think about another crisis during the 60s when I was 11 years old. The designs in this 1962 booklet range from least expensive to really expensive as you can see in the pages below. Interestingly, notice that there are no provisions for gun ports.

IMG_1636.jpg IMG_1639.JPG IMG_1640.JPG

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
I remember getting the shot when in elementary school and sometime later getting the sugar cube. I also remember getting the tuberculosis test...getting the two-pronged needle and waiting a couple of days to have it checked whether it was positive or negative. The same goes for duck and cover drills. Oh...those were the days! :confused:

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Well...It's Saint Patrick's Day and as I sit here and type with a Yuengling Lager and Tullamore Dew on the desk besides me...and a genuine blackthorn shillelagh from my ancestral home in County Donegal mounted on the wall of my man cave...as well as a basement full of provisions that will last me well into next winter...I will raise my glass and toast you all:

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

And if it pleases the Lord, and He takes you to His side,

May you be in heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're gone !!

Sláinte My Friends !!

In hoc signo vinces ( under this sign thou shalt conquer )

·
Registered
771 Posts
My brother went to our local Rural King and said a lot of the handgun ammo was gone. I'm not sure if this is happening on a larger scale. Anyone checked?
Maybe Mitch has observed brisk business at his shop?

41 - 60 of 394 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.