Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I don't believe anyone was prepared for this. Gun makers...ammo makers...toilet paper makers...you name it.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I don't believe anyone was prepared for this. Gun makers...ammo makers...toilet paper makers...you name it.
It really should make folks think hard about how we live. Like the big cities and mass transit, petri dishes just waiting to pass on disease. My daughter was working in a big office with 32 people just in her department, today she and all the others are setting up to work from home.

Big changes comming our way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
A few weeks ago, my wife was saying we had too much game meat in the freezer and she didn't want to can as many veggies next year. I even had to give a hind quarter of elk to a friend - not enough freezer space. Well, I am not worried about empty shelves at no stinkin' grocery store.

Our kids joked they would be here if things got worse. I told them they could come here empty and could eat for a year, but they had to bring their own toilet paper.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I heard a joke this morning about someone having to cut back on his gun purchases. He needed the money to buy toilet paper from a scalper outside the Costco.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I heard a joke this morning about someone having to cut back on his gun purchases. He needed the money to buy toilet paper from a scalper outside the Costco.
I went to Costco and felt really out of place as I didn't need toilet paper. Folks looked at me really strange as I bought a really big bag of kitty litter.:cool:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
It seems some will need kitty litter in place of toilet paper once they run out.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
My place of employment closed it's doors for the time being here in Nashville, so here's how I've been passing my afternoons this week! Love the rational discussion between all of you guys, it shows how we all need to be acting as humanity. Stay positive, we're getting through this and will fight on until the sun shines again!

IMG_3974.jpg

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum - Calguns.net

Here is a temporary thread/forum about the Wuhan virus epidemic in California, from over at Calgun's, not sure if it is allowed, but it has some good info on the situation for "non workers paradise" dwellers. Seems gun stores are being ordered to close, appears that Cheech and Chong venues- are open for take out. lol

If no bueno post- pls round file it.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
lol yeah its a very wacky place- but they do put up some good info sometimes, they will have the latest about the Ca. lock down etc. I am on permanent double secret probation there. To much none P/C straight talk.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
hahahahha. I didn't mean just the calgun site. Look at the conspiracy theory folks posting here. Gott love the guys that have never read "anything" but know what is happening world wide and are more than happy to share that knowledge.

I wanted to write a list of the current theories of when, where and why but don't want to get booted from the forum (and with good reason IMO :) But also unlikely to get them all written down in one post over just a weekend! :)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Yep, I don't want to get put in the Colt Forum cooler so I keep my yap shut. We all know where the damn thing came from and who enabled the epidemic. Tons of Disinfo every where. If you go on twitter (don't have to have a account- I don't) you can see a lot of info on the epidemic from the Mainland and Hong Kong that you will not see here. #Wuhan Virus etc. Li Wen Liang was a hero MD in Wuhan, at the epicenter. You may have seen the story- the very sad story about what happened to him and in China, people were totally outraged. People need to know about him imo.

RIP. Dr. Li.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I tend to look past today and think what the future brings. Today is allready gone and tomorrow is yet to come but it's obvious the world has changed forever now.

The system is under collapse but happening fast enough to see but slow enough to manage. Nothing to be hysterical about or panic from but the changes will be with us ....until we change again.

It looks like big offices will close down and those who can will work from home. Think of the way money will move differently as this happens all over the nation. You may end up without private transportation lest you rent for a vacation. Understand why they want 5G speed on the net so bad now?

Why have a car when you don't drive to work anymore? Most everything you want can be delivered. Looks like if you do buy a car then electric will work for those short distances.

Catch my drift?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
If you can't avoid the wave at least learn to ride it out in style :)

I find the unemployment rate increase interesting and what that will eventually lead to sobering. The WH is telling the Senate to expect 20% unemployed. The asked the States not to report their newest unemployment numbers. Experts are saying more yet. The worst it got during the Great Depression was 25%.

Oil down, market crashes and banks fail.

Best one I heard today was "Don't use cash!" "Use only plastic as the virus can live on paper money for weeks or months". Or as I read it, "we are scared chitless there will eventually be runs on the local banks." Cash withdraws are already limited here.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I am retired but still have two pickups, a car and a polaris RZR. I cant even drive yet, recovering from a hip replacement. Wife is my chauffeur so I just bite my lip, dont sass her if I want to get loose for awhile. I never was comfortable with anyone but me doing the driving. Aint nooo way I am going to give up my wheels until they plant me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Luckily, self isolation at the gun range is still isolation, so I've been trying to make my way there as much as possible. Now, at some point here, all the ammo will be gone, but that's a problem for another day. :bang_wall:

·
The Consummate Collector
6,428 Posts
I didn’t read thru all the posts so I hope I don’t repeat some CA stuff. It’s funny at LGS, NEW never before gun buyers are horrified they have a 10;day wait on ANY firearm. Even more horrified that they have to pass a written exam and pay for it to get a Handgun Safety Card then wait 10 days. I hear there is no ammo in a lot of places. Since moving to a senior community and much smaller living space I no longer have any longguns. I’m ok health wise but wife has some issues. I hope the situation doesn’t develop into a case where we have to think of self defense but who knows?
I do wonder what would happen if the Internet went down and/or there was no cable TV. Pete
As for ammo, I just looked on Gunbroker and there is 417 pages of it with 25 sellers on each page or over 10,000 folks trying to sell ammo on just one gun site. I don't think there is any shortage. As for me, I shoot each week and always have between 25,000 & 40,000 rounds on hand.

161 - 180 of 394 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.