Colt Forum banner

201 - 220 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Life is Good , and WE ARE blessed in SO many ways . Life is short , enjoy it.
All these picture are awesome! It's really great to see what everybody likes and sees. Life goes on and we are blessed!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've been staying in. Made a case for my wife's smartphone.

Click to enlarge.
P4040013.jpg P4040026.jpg

Also have time to work on some coin puzzles.
Finished product,
P9050322.jpg 20180318_152603.jpg

And the production line,
P6050017.jpg

My club is closed so I've been walking. I go out after 10:00 at night. The only other people I see are dog walkers and zombies. No shortages in the stores.

KNO[SUB]3[/SUB]

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
All the silliness of hitting the grocery store looking for toilet paper, TOILET PAPER, reminded me about the toilet paper we used that came with our C-rations in the 70's.
A little packet of TP came with each meal of C-rations as I recall and so we would save them. Sometimes you would get a hot meal with no toilet paper so when you got your C-rations toilet paper, you had a tendency to hoard it to make sure you had enough.
I looked in a little box of things I kept from my time in the Army and sure enough I had saved a little packet.
Kim

Attachments

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Not really a hobby but I enjoy the wildlife that lives here. I looked out the window and saw this in the shade in the back yard...
We have deer in the yard just about every day, they like to come by to graze and mingle with our cats and dogs. It also happens that animals walk right into the shop when the doors are open, found a chipmunk sitting next to my desk last summer. It didn't seem too bothered when I picked it up, but ran like a bat out of hell once I put it on the ground outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Not coping!

Our county sheriff has a website, and every afternoon the pictures of those arrested that day are posted along with their charges. In the past drug charges were by far the highest, but lately the highest percentage of arrests are for domestic abuse. Some just aren't coping with that much togetherness with their spouse or whatever.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Garage cleaned. Barn cleaned. Basement cleaned. Junk drawers cleaned. Guns cleaned too much.
Mowing the lawn in quadrants every day so that have something to do the next day.

Bought this pool last year but never got around to installing it. Been working at it the past 4 days. The perimeter and base and leveling was tiring. Then it dawned on me..... I have no chemicals. Remember the pool in the movie “Vacation?”

I think ive ran out of things to do. Maybe clean out the gutters again?

My sideways pool. You try installing one like this and keeping the water in.
56D57CAD-6EB7-44A4-A7F5-DBD1ABB9F279.jpg

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
If I were to guess I'd bet they aren't coping well with the lack of money and a job. That situation isn't going to get better any time soon.
One that made the society page works for my son, so he is probably lacking money as he has an automatic 10 days off.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
A walk on the property, fishing in our pond or maybe a few rounds downrange.
Vic

Attachments

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I was outside doing some yard work since it's a nice day out...this time the deer were out where I could get a couple of pics without a window between us. They know they're safe here...our dog doesn't bother them though she is curious.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Scott, What a great video. I have never ridden a Gold Wing, but they look smooth as silk. Thanks for sharing, Joseph.
Video quality on YouTube may not be optimized, but sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. This is a section of VA Hwy 80 that my wife and I enjoy riding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy45WnxOryY

A little break on the same ride. This is on The Back of the Dragon...VA 16 between Marion and Tazewell. Pretty country for sure!

And the smoked prime rib is superb at Cuz's Uptown BBQ in Pounding Mill, VA....just about 10 minutes south of Tazewell on U.S.460.

All in a good day's ride.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
In this upside down, uncertain world we are still upright. Amazingly beautiful morning, no wind, 65F. Nothing but some good dirt, green and blue. And no one here seems to notice anything past that. It is "ours" today, might not be tomorrow. We'll keep doing our best 'till things change again.

Had to chase the dogs more than a mile one way this morning.....they aren't much into this social distancing stuff and wanted to play with the neighbors. Easier to run them down on foot than saddle up! Those two are well known neighborhood Miscreants!

When you are thinking about the new hay crop coming in easy to ignore the lawn :) Looks like it is time to mow the yard!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I accidentally found an effective social distancing regiment that works. I stopped wearing deodorant a few days back, and I ate ate chili beans last night. When they get comfortable with the no deodorant, then you can reach to the chili bean by product;).
Also stumbled upon how to get bread a couple weeks ago. I was looking trying to decide, people started crowding me. Got annoying. I got a tickle in my throat and started coughing, had no problem getting my bread then :).

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Since the COVID-19 Outbreak...with the local gun ranges closed and my county having draconian rules on backyard gun ranges...

I just turned to one of my almost daily hobbies...which not only allows me to practice pistol and rifle disciplines, but also pest/game hunting:

.177 Pellet & .177 BB ammo is cheap...and was stockpiled for just this reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:cool:

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
To the member who just gave me a RED Reputation Point which subtracted a measly 8 points from my total @ 0439 and left the comment:

Thread: Social Distancing Hobbies
thats sad - 04-07-2020 04:39 PM

Maybe you would like to explain to me how putting meat ( the doves ) on my or my neighbors ( the squirrels ) table is "sad"

Do you consume Beef, Chicken, Fish...!? Chances are you do... Pre-packaged or served to you by someone else.

But since you don't harvest natures bounty yourself, and leave it to others to raise, feed, harvest, butcher, package and prepare for purchase your meals...and then you have the gall to slink in here and leave your comment without a debate of why you think hunting is "sad" and that species population control through effective conservation efforts like hunting in season has no place in this world.

https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Law/Pages/SeasonsandBagLimits.aspx

Pennsylvania 2020-21 HUNTING SEASONS AND BAG LIMITS

SQUIRRELS, Red, Gray, Black and Fox (Combined): Special season for eligible junior hunters, with or without required license, and mentored youth — Sept. 12-26 (6 daily, 18 in possession limit after first day).

SQUIRRELS, Red, Gray, Black and Fox (Combined): Sept. 12-Nov. 27; Dec. 14-24 and Dec. 26-Feb. 27 (6 daily, 18 possession).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doves, Statewide: Sept. 2-Nov. 29 and Dec. 21-Jan. 4 (15 daily, 45 in possession).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am proud to be a responsible hunter and fisher whose "Tag" and "License" money donates to help with the effective conservation management of all species of game and fish in my state...

And when the SHTF...and the stores are all out of fresh meat, poultry, and fish for your family to buy packaged and consume...I will use my skills to harvest and put meals on my family table...

And you Sir...will be "sad"... that you don't possess the skills required to feed you and yours...

·
Registered
771 Posts
I don't hunt any longer but have many friends that do. I've never been a fan of venison which helped with the decision.
I have no issue with killing as long as you consume what's taken.
I do remove varmints occasionally around the property but I admit Kroger does the majority of my meat harvesting now.

201 - 220 of 301 Posts