Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
I would pay less attention to the politicians and media attention whores. The lead guy on this is Dr. Anthony Fauci...my first wife worked with him and I met him a number of times. The man is down to earth and absolutely brilliant. Pay attention to what he says...he is not a BS artist. Whatever he says can be counted on as the best information available.

Reactions: Thin Man and Cozmo

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Some Governors have been crying and escalating numbers for a while.
They're all performing for some of that federal money.
Dewine in Ohio has been pretty good so far.
New York not so much.
If Ohio was in the same shape as NY with virus, your governor would be begging, complaining and asking for everything Cuomo is right now, too.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Sitting here reading the news all over the world. I don't know but maybe it's selfish or just being self centered in a time of crisis but I sure hope I can buy a new Python when this settles down. Maybe thats how I cope, cope by hoping for a future back to normal.

Just living life and collecting Colts, it will be great to get back to complaints about Colt the company. How insignificant that all seems now.

I am hearing there will be a baby boom in nine months, so much for 6 foot social distances. I also heard the kids will be "Children of the Quarn" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
781 Posts
If Ohio was in the same shape as NY with virus, your governor would be begging, complaining and asking for everything Cuomo is right now, too.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Ohio listened and did everything right. It was a good approach. We did have a couple of extra days to decide being located in the Midwest.
All politicians find a reason to whine eventually.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
I am hearing there will be a baby boom in nine months, so much for 6 foot social distances. I also heard the kids will be "Children of the Quarn" :rolleyes:
In thirteen years they'll be known as the "Quaranteens".

·
Registered
351 Posts
Michigan is taking it on the chin like many other states as you've all seen I'm sure. Our governor is doing a good job.

One of our family friends has it. He made it at home for a full two weeks, but he started losing track of long periods of time and was scaring the hell out of all of us. He's in the hospital now.

He's not on a ventilator, but he has developed pneumonia that is proving hard to shake.

I hope when we come out of this we all remember that we're on the same team at the end of the day.

Hang in there everyone-

That's GREAT to hear about Dr. Fauci. He's been very impressive when I've seen him interviewed- and his biography is surely impressive.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
If Ohio was in the same shape as NY with virus, your governor would be begging, complaining and asking for everything Cuomo is right now, too.
Maybe Ohio listened and did everything right. It was a good approach. We did have a couple of extra days to decide being located in the Midwest.
All politicians find a reason to whine eventually.[/QUOTE]

Considering the population of the NY City metro area dwarfs the entire population of Ohio, I think you're comparing apples and oranges. Ohio and Indiana, my home state are similar and I think we have it really "easy" compared to places like NY. But things are progressively getting worse here. Drs. Birx and Fauci, as well as the Surgeon General, have however, been very clear that we will also have our surges. I hope all our states' and cities' leaders learn from NY as they are the canary in the mine right now.

The Drs. have for weeks been saying one of the most important measures to be able to lower the number of infections is testing. And nobody is doing more testing than NY. So I applaud them on that. Here in Indiana, it's still pretty difficult for anyone to just get a test. And in the last few days, we are doing more testing...and as a result our stats on infections has doubled and tripled in just a few days. So I think most states are still behind on getting tests done, and therefore we might just think we are doing better than other places with the higher numbers. In 6 mos., or perhaps 18 mos., when we finally get therapeutic drugs to treat the virus or a vaccine in place...then we will be able to look back and better gauge how well we did, what worked and what didn't work.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hey Scott, it's all a guess right now as everyone learns as we go.
Big city or rural town.
I agree it is an advantage to reside in a less populated area. Everyone makes the choice where they set up residence along with the perils of that decision.
Who has it it right or wrong?
That will be settled shortly.
None of us on this forum are in control.
Stay safe my friend.
That's all we can try to do.
Bill

·
Registered
119 Posts
The virus just hit my family. My second cousins boyfriend just tested positive for it. Him and her are both at home quarentine for at least 10 days they were told??? We'll load them up with groceries and pray for the best.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Reactions: Cozmo

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Well that took my mind off this thread for a bit.

May be all this is getting too interesting :)

On thing for sure, Mother Nature shaking your freakin house (even if it is just a little shake) puts all the rest of life into focus.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I have a friend a 90 year old Chinese Professor met him at a Acupuncture school, his father was wealthy- became a Chinese Astrologer at the master level as a hobby, my friend learned from his Dad. He is also skilled- Chinese Astrology the old real one is scary accurate stuff.

He told me about about four months ago "Year of the Rat is trouble- can be serious trouble, get ready"

Little did I know.

Mitch hope your family gets well soon.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Gentlemen, I have an important question on the virus that I really need to ask. I really don't understand why we are not told to wear a mask if we own one? It seems that healthcare workers wear mask to stop the spread of the virus so why wouldn't the rest of us wear a mask to protect ourselves? Its a given we don't have enough mask but why isn't the government telling you to wear one if you have one?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Its a given we don't have enough mask...
I think that is the key point, we don't have enough effective masks to go around. Healthcare workers wear masks to protect themselves as well as the patient. If the healthcare workers go down we are all hosed.

My wife was a surgical charge nurse for years. She has been on an organ harvest team, cornea transplant team, orthopedic surgical team and spent the last several years before retirement #1 and a pediatric orthopedic surgical nurse. She spent a lot of time wearing a mask. They are uncomfortable, hot and stifling. If not worn correctly, your glasses will fog up. (Yes, there is a right and wrong way to wear a surgical mask) She says that most "civilians" on the news are wearing them wrong and they are not being effective...wasting resources that could be put to better use.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
It just seems if the mask protect healthcare workers then they would protect the rest of us. It's odd they don't tell folks how to wear a mask properly, a government service message on tv and the net to inform people. I saw videos of them beating folks in China for not wearing a mask and now they all wear mask and it's said they are defeating the virus.

If there are mask available without taking from healthcare it would seem prudent to wear one to stop the spread of the virus.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I saw an interview yesterday evening done with Dr. Fauci and he was asked that same question; should the public be wearing masks. His answer was a bit convoluted to say the least, which was a bit disappointing, considering he is supposed to be the "straight shooter" of all things related to the virus. After about 2-minutes of squirming around the question, it was obvious by what he said that the real issue was the shortage of masks for the first responders and healthcare folks. They are more concerned (and rightly so) about the people who have to have a mask. The rest of us are supposed to stay at home, distance ourselves from others when we do have to go out, wash and sanitize our hands frequently, etc. I just wished Dr. Fauci would have been transparent and said that. Instead, it was a relatively lame response. He didn't want to say no, you aren't safer wearing a mask...because clearly we are. And he didn't want to encourage people to hoard masks or attempt to acquire them when there is such a shortage in the first place.

I was somewhat surprised when a contractor friend told me the other day he found respirator masks at Lowe's the other day. He uses them when sanding drywall. I would have thought Lowe's would have sold or donated all they had to hospitals. I went online to see if heavy 10 mil (work) gloves were available. I use them when spraying chemicals on the stone drive and lawn. I can normally find the heavy 10 mil gloves at Harbor Freight. They were out of stock. I phoned the store and they told me H.F. donated all their gloves and masks to the hospitals.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Gentlemen, I have an important question on the virus that I really need to ask. I really don't understand why we are not told to wear a mask if we own one? It seems that healthcare workers wear mask to stop the spread of the virus so why wouldn't the rest of us wear a mask to protect ourselves? Its a given we don't have enough mask but why isn't the government telling you to wear one if you have one?
Don't worry, the mask are next.

21 - 40 of 301 Posts