Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me to verify whether this box with label and included paperwork seem to be correct/authentic for my Python. The paperwork is not super clean but looks as if it was stored in the styrofoam with the revolver for some time. The serial number on the label does match my revolver and I believe it was produced in 1976.
Thanks, James.

IMG_2402a1.jpg IMG_2403a.jpg IMG_2407a1.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks like the paper work and stuff was handled quite a bit. Really nasty looking

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the paper work and stuff was handled quite a bit. Really nasty looking

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Thanks and I am aware of the condition of the paperwork. I was hoping for someone with knowledge to help me out on whether my items were authentic or not.
James

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
The inclusion of the "handling the gun" pamphlet and the orange user manual signals a red flag. The "handling the gun" pamphlet was the user manual prior to '75 when they came out with the orange manual. After '77 they went to model specific manuals that were dated. I'm pretty sure they didn't use both at the same time, but could be wrong.

I'm also pretty sure Gary French wasn't the president of Colt in '76, so the signed letter in the packaging isn't period correct. One red flag usually means more.

At first glance this stuff looks good, but the dirtiness and handling of the papers/box looks purposeful. Always be leery of "complete package" Colts, especially Pythons. The devil is in the details.

Reactions: ColtsDad

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Disappointed two days in a row - the OU game last night and today the repro paperwork. lol
Seriously though, thanks and appreciate your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts